The Ambright American High School (+AP) Program cooperates with 10 high schools around east China. The international college counselor will support the AHSP students, teachers, counselors and parents in educating them about western education. This support aligns with the program's goal to prepare students with the skills to graduate from a 4 year college, not just get accepted to their best fit school. This involves working with both the academic and counseling departments in regards to student education, parent education, teacher training and education, counselor training and overseeing the application process.
• Work with a group of senior 3 students and their counselors to help them prepare their school selection list and application documents.
• Execute and further develop the counseling evaluation system for all Ambright's students from senior 1 to senior 3, apart of the counseling program in conjunction with other counseling staff.
• Participate in parent meetings informing parents about the importance of well-rounded education compared to exam-focused education.
• Develop workshops and material for teachers, counselors and students to help them understand the university application process and prepare competitive applications.
• Other duties that may arise from supervisors.
Note: American High School students are located along the east coast of China which means there will be business trips to Ambright partner schools to conduct the evaluations and work with the students.
Our benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly housing stipend
• $1,200 international airfare and relocation allowance
• Work visa and residence permit sponsorship
• Comprehensive medical insurance
• Paid national holidays
• 5 personal days
• Cultural immersion and professional development opportunities
International College Counselors revise college application essays and help students with their college planning. After three months of work for new hires, counselors will qualify to receive commission for their work with assigned students.
(Please note: For each assigned student, commission will be calculated based on the highest college ranking of all his/her offers).
- Company type: Private
- Recruiter Type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
A part of the Ambright Education Group in China, GoGlobal Jobs is tasked with finding the best educators to teach on Ambright's American High School (+AP) Program (AHSP). AHSP centers are international programs taught inside some of China's top high schools. The rigorous selection process means that AHSP students are some of the brightest China has to offer.
Founded in 2008 by Ambright Education Group and the Ameson Education and Cultural Exchange Foundation, the AHSP was created to offer an internationally competitive alternative to the traditional Chinese curriculum, using an American high school curriculum with AP classes in an all English learning environment.The AHSP program offers the American Common Core curriculum and 14 AP science and humanities courses in 10 carefully selected Ambright partner schools throughout East China - Anhui, Jiangsu, Shandong, Zhejiang, and Shanghai.
In addition to fulfilling the recruitment needs of the AHSP program, GoGlobal Jobs actively recruits foreign talent for various internal positions within the Group in Beijing, Nanjing, Shanghai, and other cities across east China. These positions include part-time and full-time College Counselors, International Program Coordinators, Copywriters and Editors, and Foreign Recruiters.
Read More >>
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 19F Huaxu Plaza, No. 336 Middle Xizang Road, Shanghai
View in map