Position: Looking for High School English Teacher in Jinan,Shandong
Qualifications: Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for performing the tasks listed. Ability to teach English (speaking, listening, reading and writing) skills to second language learners.
Goal: To support students’ achievement in gaining a strong understanding of the structure of the English language in both written and spoken forms. Develop in students the ability to read and communicate effectively in subjects other than English with the goal of college acceptance. Achieve qualifying marks on either the TOEFL or ILETS exams for college entrance.
Performs duties assigned by the Director of Instruction. All employees must maintain a professional attitude and demeanor.
Designs lessons that meet the school’s standards and the evaluated student needs.
Is current in the learning theory, teaching methods and subject matter content related to a high school English course.
Evaluates students on the proposed standards using effective record keeping and prompt feedback to students and families.
Effectively manages students to provide a safe and supportive learning atmosphere.
Joins with the other teachers in the JNFLS International Center community to develop a professional atmosphere that promotes academic rigor with compassionate instructional practices.
Is able to satisfy the teaching standards defined by the school as essential elements of qualified teacher.
Other comparable duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1) Free Housing on a school campus.
2) Free Local Transportation between the faculty housing and the high school campus.
3) Free International Airfare from your home country to Jinan, Shandong, China, and one return flight home paid for by the school each year.
4) All China Visa costs covered by the school.
5) Western Academic Management - teachers report to the English Program Coordinator and the Assistant Director, both of whom are Westerners.
6) A Competitive Salary in the range of 12,000-16,000 Rmb after tax per month based on experience and qualifications.
7) Bonus at the end of two years contract.
8) Free housing, free local transportation, and free airfare should all allow you to save the vast majority of your salary each month.
9) Commercial Health Insurance every year.
1) Native Speaker of English. For this position we would prefer citizens of the US and Canada or American Commonwealth countries who speak American English and are familiar with the American educational system.
2) Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree required.
3) TEFL Certificate is preferred. This must be a 120 hour training course that was not done entirely online and included a practicum of observed practice teaching of at least 20 hours.
4) Experience teaching high school or teenagers is preferred.
5) Experience teaching English as a Foreign Language is preferred.
Some experience with TEFOL would be preferable but not required.
Start Date: Feb.2018
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Applications materials are available by contacting Echo Liu via email
- Company type: Private
- Recruiter Type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
EngTop is a professional teacher placement agency in China, providing teachers with exciting and rewarding positions and schools with good quality, native-speaking teachers. To make it even better, it is free of charge for teachers!
We are an honest, friendly company with extensive knowledge and experience of the ESL job market.
Read More >>
- Current Location: Huizhou China
- Address: Huiyang,Huizhou city,Guangdong