DK Education: Our Mission Statement
DK Education is an Academic English Organization based in Beijing. Co-founded in 2010 by Lucy Haagen, 10 year veteran of the College Board, we partner with top high schools around China to change their attitude and approach to English Language Education. Our mission is to better prepare Chinese high school students to attend and succeed at American Universities by providing them with a progressive and interactive, globally focused English language curriculum.
“Academic English Organization”
DK Education is not another “Test Prep” or “ESL” organization. We focus on preparing students with the critical thinking and analytical skills necessary to not only get into, but also succeed at top American Colleges and Universities. Our DK International Program (or DKIP) is a magnet program that operates directly with some of the best high schools in Mainland China. Our American Test Prep Programs focus not on teaching students how to memorize “tricks and gimmicks” in order to score well on the test, but rather on providing them with broader skills and cultural awareness—the things that will stick with them after they have left the testing room.
Outside of the classroom, our offices truly reflect the culture of an Education Joint Venture, with a highly diverse and cooperative staff. We value motivated individuals andare always on the lookout for those who are capable of developing strong leadership and managerial skills. Individuals who stay with us longer than a year are in good standing to be promoted to leadership roles that will reflect strongly on resumes, no matter your future career goals.
Who we are looking for
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher and strong GPA from a top U.S College/University
• Must meet age requirement for a Work (Z) Visa (24 years old by Sept. 2014)
• Strong communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
• Patient, outgoing, and comfortable teaching Chinese students
• Previous teaching experience or teaching certification preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of Chinese Language, the Chinese Education
system,and Chinese working environment are a definite plus, but not required.
• Work (Z) Visa sponsorship
• Extensive training and orientation upon arrival and ongoing Professional
• Salary packages range from 12-15,000 RMB/month (commensurate with formal
• Quarterly performance bonuses ranging from 2,000-6,000 RMB
• Yearly airfare reimbursement of up to 10,000RMB.
• DK provides housing to all teachers located in Shenzhen. Teachers located in
Beijing or Shanghai are provided with a housing stipend of 1,500 RMB/month
• Applications must be received by May 31st. Start Date is Mid-August
Beijing Academic English:
• Applications must be received by April 30thfor Early July Start Date.
• Applications must be received by May 31st of June for Mid-August Start Date.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team here at DK Education you should prepare a cover letter that indicates which city you are applying for as well as your desired start date, a resume,and contact information for two references. Applications should be sent by email to Savannah Campbell
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
DK Education, China's fastest growing SAT training company, is currently looking for SAT instructors to run classes and private tutoring sessions. We are also looking for instructors that are comfortable teaching academic writing, SAT II subject tests, and AP Literature and History. Classes will be held on week nights, and weekends, and private tutoring can be arranged to fit the schedule of both teacher and student. Weekly time commitments are from 3-12 hours per week, depending on schedule.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a growing, innovative company that is jointly run by expat Americans and Chinese education experts. We are looking for dynamic individuals to be a part of our team to help us grow.
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: Room 906, 9th floor, Zhongguancun SOHO Plaza, No.8 Haidian Beierjie, Haidian District,Beijing,China 100080