For Education, Teaching, Consulting positions the 2016 Chinese Government Work Visa and Foreign Expert Certificate requirements for private education institutions are as follows:
- A native speaker from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand is required. Passport needed to verify country of origin.
1. Bachelor degree or higher from a University that is ranked in the top 50. Preferred degrees in English, Education, Special Education, Literature, Writing, Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Finance, or related subjects. A Master’s Degree is preferred.Original Diploma is required to be reviewed by Chinese Foreign Expert Bureau.
2. At least two years of work experience is preferred. Letters of reference and letters confirming prior employment on company letterhead is required. Original letter from former employer(s) is needed to verify work experience. If previously employed in China then a formal release letter from your previous employer is also required.
3. Native English language skill and excellent writing skills.
5. A clean criminal background report is also required for Chinese working Visa regulations.
6. Teachers with Chinese interpersonal skills are preferred.
7. You must be a passport holder from the USA, UK, Australia, Canada or New Zealand to meet Chinese working Visa regulations.
8. Candidates who are currently in China or have experience working abroad are preferred.
Our requirements are:
- Understanding and interest in Chinese culture
- Passionate about helping and dedicated to student outcomes
- An energetic and enthusiastic disposition.
-English language fluency; proper grammar, sentence structure, word tense, subject-verb agreement, proper use of adjectives and adverbs, neutral accent, clear pronunciation, good intonation and English language rhythm
Job Types and Responsibilities:
Overseas Study Consultants
At Wuhan New Oriental Vision Overseas Consulting Co., American Dream Station (ADS) Higher Education Consultants (HECs) will provide college counseling services to highly intelligent, ambitious Chinese high school students (located all over China) who are applying for top U.S. universities and colleges. These services will include 1-on-1 counseling time, school selection advice, guidance to improve the student's overall writing ability, and American classroom-style teaching. There will also be an emphasis on guiding younger high school students, similar to a guidance counselor's role, on how to spend their time in high school, to ultimately help them understand their college goals, and to prepare them for their study abroad experience. HECs will also have the opportunity to travel to major cities all over China to give lectures and meet with their students.
Mon - Friday 9AM to 6PM Some weekends and travel required.
12 Month Contract (renewable)
1. Monthly income: RMB 18K – 20K. Negotiable
2. Health insurance provided.
3. Flight reimbursement for overseas candidates after completion of probationary period.
4. Paid Holidays and Vacation time
5. Regular/Annual physical checkup.
8. Assistance in obtaining and renewing Work Visa every year.
9. Field trips, holiday gift / allowance, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
1. Passion for mentorship and education.
2. Bachelor degree or above from a Top 50 Ranked US University.
3. Fluent English; Chinese is helpful but not required.
4. Knowledge of American higher education and the application process for top 50 ranked US Universities.
5. Excellent writing/editing skills.
New Oriental Education & Technology Group
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
As the largest provider of private educational services in China, New Oriental offers education for a lifetime, teaching skills that give students a crucial competitive advantage in the workplace and help improve their quality of life. Our wide range of educational programs, services and products include English and other foreign language training, overseas and domestic test preparation courses, all-subjects after school tutoring, primary and secondary school education, University pathway programs, educational content and software, as well as online education.
New Oriental has become the most recognized brand in Chinese private education. Based on founder Michael Yu's groundbreaking vision, our innovative and inspirational instruction combines humorous, interactive teaching techniques with traditional Chinese educational values.
Since our founding in 1993, New Oriental has had about 15 million student enrollments, including approximately 2.4 million enrollments in fiscal year 2012. Today, we have a network of 57 schools, 744 learning centers, 32 New Oriental bookstores and over 5,000 third-party bookstores and over 17,700 teachers in 50 cities, as well as an online network with over 8.2 million registered users.
-#1 Provider of private education in China
-Most recognized brand in Chinese private education
-A presence in over fifty cities throughout China
-First Chinese education company to be listed on the NYSE (edu)
-Diverse course offerings including International Exam Prep (IELTS/TOEFL/SAT/GMAT/GRE), AP, Foundation/Pathway programs, Business English, Spoken English, English writing
-Courses/Programs available to all ages from 1yr old to adult
-Online teaching platform
It is estimated over 70% of Chinese students studying in N. America were once students of New Oriental
For more information about New Oriental please visit web and click on the English link on the top right of the homepage.
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: No.6 Haidian Zhongjie, Haidian District, Beijing