-We currently have position available on Pudong campus in Shanghai, starting in September 18th. The teaching involves general TEFL style teaching with non English major students, and more academic style teaching with English major students.
- Teach Oral English to classes of 20 - 35 university students
- Twelve to fifteen 90-minute classes per week
- Every attempt is made to block teaching hours (no split shifts)
- All classes scheduled M-F 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Curriculum in place, although teachers are encouraged to be creative and supplement lessons with other activities (training/resources provided)
- Opportunities to participate in university extra-curricular activities such as English corner and short-film making competition.
Early Birds is a small but growing organization that works directly with universities and public schools in Shanghai. We are not a recruiter or agency but hire teams of teachers and academic managers for institutions that we are evolving and growing with. We offer a friendly yet professional environment for teachers wishing to experience life in China.
- Hold a TEFL certificate
- Hold a university bachelor degree
- Be a native speaker of English
- Minimum 2-years’ teaching experience
- Have a reasonable level of comfort with technology (we use IWB and a variety of applications in the classroom – training provided)
- Be at least 24 years of age (Shanghai Province visa law requirement)
- 10-month contract, starting September, 2017
- 14,000 RMB per calendar month (10,000 basic salary + 4000 housing allowance)
- One week (7 nights) offered in a hotel and help to find permanent accommodation provided.
- 10,000 RMB end-of-contract bonus (related to completion of contract and performance).
- Travel allowance 8,000 RMB per year, ½ paid upon completion of 1st semester in full, ½ upon completion of contract.
- Paid supplemental accidental insurance.
- Paid winter vacation between semesters (4-5 weeks paid holiday, ideal to visit the country)
- On-going teacher development
- Bilingual staff to assist with housing/cultural issues
- Team dinners/trips to nearby sights
To Apply: Please send your CV/resume for now. TEFL certificate, university diploma, passport scan, and references will be required after a successful interview
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
Earlybirds is an academic partner with universities in and around Shanghai - growing and developing English language programmes together.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: Shanghai, China