English teachers needed in Zhuhai, Zhongshan and Dongguan (Guangdong Province, China)
American TPR English School:
American TPR English School was established in 1992 and was the first English School in China to obtain ISO9001 certification. In its 25 years of development, TPR has established branches and franchise schools in Zhuhai, Zhongshan, Dongguan and Chaozhou. TPR has a well-structured management system and a team of dedicated and experienced staff and teachers.
American TPR English School has adopted a specific and proven effective teaching method called Total Physical Response – TPR for short. It was developed in the United States as a language teaching method. At American TPR English School all classrooms are fitted with interactive whiteboards with educational software for Tots, Kids and Teens. For the training of adults, the School focuses on ‘Situational English’ and business English.
Highlights of the contract for native English teachers:
1. One year contracts (renewable every year)
Location: Zhuhai, Zhongshan and Dongguan
2. There are 21 teaching hours per week:
Monthly salaries range from RMB9,000 to RMB14,000
3. RMB150 per overtime teaching hour if the teacher wants overtime
4. Airfare allowance: RMB5,000 at the end of a contract every single year
5. Performance bonus: RMB2,000 at the end of a contract every single year
6. There will be a salary increment for the next contract
7. One month paid holidays every year
8. Medical insurance for accident and serious illness with limited coverage
9. Free internet access at TPR
10. Free outings every term: Hot springs, rafting, cultural sites, water parks, etc.
11. Free teacher training during contract period
12. Free Mandarin Chinese classes
13. Rent-free apartments (for selected branches/cities only)
14. No office hours
15. Residence Permit (Work Visa) and Work Permit (Foreign Expert Certificate) will be provided for native English speakers
Points about Zhuhai:
Standard of living in Zhuhai is comparatively much cheaper than those in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen or Guangzhou.
Zhuhai is a Special Economic Zone and a key city in the PRD region.
Zhuhai boarders Macau and is just 1 hour by ferry from Hong Kong airport.
Zhuhai has been awarded ‘The Best Model of International Residential Environment Improvement’ by the United Nations and ‘Excellent Tourism City’ by the National Tourism Administration.
Points about Chaozhou:
The air and water in Chaozhou is very clean unlike major cities in China. It is a very safe city with a low cost of living.
Youngsters enjoy hiking and camping in the nearby mountains. Many like to jog along Hanjiang River which runs across the city.
With its long history, handicrafts, embroidery, tea culture, festivals, ancient bridges and temples, and reputation for its seafood and vegetarian dishes, Chaozhou is where foreigners would love to be immersed in Chinese culture.
1. Native English speakers from Australia, Britain, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand South Africa and the USA.
2. Minimum qualification: A Bachelor's degree + two years’ teaching experience (or a TEFL / TESOL / TESL / CELTA certificate.)
3. Should be dynamic, have enthusiasm to teach English to different age groups and be open to experiencing a new culture.
How to apply:
To apply for a position, please email the following to Nora
1. Your updated CV/resume
2. Your recent photo
3. Scanned copy of the info page of your passport
4. Scanned copy of your university degree
5. A reference letter from your last employer
6. Your phone number and a range of time that we can call to have a short phone interview with you. Please mention the name of the country and city where you will be available for the 20-minute phone interview.
Updated: October 2017
American TPR English School
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
Our Mission is to build friendship between China and other countries through learning and sharing!
In 1992, the American TPR English School was the first English language school in the city of Zhuhai, Guangdong Province. Since then, it has become the most popular English language school with 5 branches in prime locations.
On August 18th,2001, TPR was the first English School to obtain the ISO9001 Certification. It also obtained the RAB Certificate of America. TPR will continue to be a major trendsetter in the field of language teaching in China.
TPR is now a professional institution with a well-structured management system and a team of dedicated staff, sharing Chinese and Western Culture. It is certainly a warm place to be if you are a new comer to China, be you teacher or staff, and a fun place to learn if you are a student
- Current Location: Other cities China
- Address: 1022 Fenghuang Road, Xiangzhou, Zhuhai, China 519000