Company: China Daily Wuxi Multimedia Co Ltd
Position: Digital Editor
Location: Wuxi, Jiangsu province
China’s most widely read English-language media organization China Daily is looking to recruit experienced digital editors to work at its office in Wuxi, Jiangsu province.
Digital editors play a key role at China Daily, working with our team of Chinese writers to polish content for the newspaper, websites and social media feeds.
Editors are also occasionally asked to undertake reporting assignments for the China Daily newspaper and website, as well as help with the production of video content. This will sometimes require travelling to locations across China for up to a week.
This is a fast-paced role, which requires you to be able to write and edit high quality, error-free copy to tight deadlines.
Knowledge of China, a patient, diligent attitude, and good teamwork skills are also essential.
We consider our digital editor roles to be ideally suited for ambitious professionals looking to build a career in journalism, social media or editing.
We also offer an attractive package of benefits, including free accommodation (near company) and health insurance.
Please see the full job description below. If you think you are suitable for the role, please e-mail your resume and covering letter to us.
We Are Looking For:
1. Assist Chinese editors with reporting and crafting articles to make sure they follow prescribed editorial style and format guidelines.
2. Assist in research and assessment work for projects, giving opinions and suggestions.
3. Hold journalism-related sharing sessions to enhance Chinese writers' English writing skills.
4. Undertake reporting projects for China Daily as required.
5. Occasionally attend business trips, marketing events and other activities to help improve the company’s brand influence.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Computer services
Since its launch in 1981, China Daily has grown to become the nation’s leading English-language newspaper.
With a global print circulation of 900,000 and a combined print, online and mobile readership of 57 million, it serves a vital role in telling the world about China, providing valuable insight into the world’s second-largest economy. Consequently, it is quoted more often by overseas media than any other Chinese publication.
Along with the flagship edition on the Chinese mainland, China Daily publishes nine overseas editions – covering North and South America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific and Africa – and various digital platforms.
China Daily’s Wuxi subsidiary is primarily responsible for helping our partners, which include government agencies and institutions across the country, promote themselves to an English-language audience.
This work involves building and operating English websites and social media feeds on behalf of our partners, as well as helping them promote themselves through China Daily’s own channels.
- Current Location: Wuxi China
- Address: 5/F,Tower C,Taurus Building,Wuxi National Software Park,No.18 Zhenze Road,Wuxi,Jiangsu Province