ZIA has successfully implemented the international foundation study pathways for its students, including: (1) the International Foundation Year with NCUK [IFY]; (2) the US Pathway Program [USPP] and (3) US College Board Advanced Placement Program [AP]. These study pathways are world-class university preparation qualifications designed by universities for international students to succeed at university.
ZIA welcomes interests and application from qualified experienced and enthusiastic teachers to join us in Beijing. We require several EAP Teacher with at least 2 years (full academic year) teaching grades 11 and 12.
Teacher is in charge of the following:
1) TEACHING & LEARNING
• Provide an organised, disciplined and stimulating environment for students’ learning both inside and outside the classroom.
• Demonstrate excellence in the classroom
• Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
• Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities; create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year
• Provide proper, accurate and timely assessments for student learning, including creating and conducting tests, exams, grade papers, comments, reporting, etc. based on the guidelines given by the school; ensure full compliance of assessment criteria given by the school.
• Utilise various curriculum resources.
• Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
• Develop incentives to keep students participating in class.
•Work with programme supervisors to ensure objectives are being met.
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Prepare and distribute required reports.
• Manage student behaviour by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
• All other administrative duties as needed.
2) RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE SCHOOL
• Promote a positive, confident and happy international community.
• Have high expectations of personal achievement
• Attend staff meetings, parents/teacher meetings, school trips & school events and functions as and when required by the school (including events organized on Saturdays and Sundays)
• Support and implement the student code of conduct.
• Cover for absent colleagues if required
• Work closely with other staff members as a team
3) ENGLISH SPEAKING ENVIRONMENT
All teachers are required to encourage an English-speaking environment for all students within the school.
4) OTHER TASKS
• Undertake other tasks as and when assigned by the Immediate Superior and/or the school.
Benefits package includes competitive salary, housing next to the school, incentive program, medical insurance, paid school holidays, annual flight allowance, visa reimbursement, and retention benefits. Initial contract is two year starting December, 2017.
1. Native English speaker; proficiency in directing reading, listening, speaking and writing skills
2. A master’s degree or above, a recognized ELT diploma or equivalent
3. A master’s in TEFL/ TESOL or Applied Linguistics is preferred
4. TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate advantageous
5. At least 2 years EAP teaching experience
E-mail your CV directly to us with the relevant position in the subject line and provide a full resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, contact detail for references (3+) and passport.
Beijing No.35 High School
- Company type: Government
- Recruiter Type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
Beijing No. 35 High School’s International Department (Est. 2012) is located in Beijings Daxing district, about 40 minutes from the downtown area of the city. Beijing 35 (Est. 1923), altogether, has four campuses; a regular high school in Beijing’s central Xicheng district, a middle school, and a vocational college. If you come, you would work for the International Department and would have the choice to live in either the city (each morning catching a shuttle bus from Beijing’s Guomao area), or in Caiyu town, Daxing District where the International Department is located.
Academically, Beijing 35’s International Department is part of a crucial stage in development. As our enrollment has skyrocketed in recent years, we are becoming more selective about the students we receive. This year, the school opened a brand new 6 floor teaching building with state-of-the-art facilities containing computer labs, a music room, exercise facility, dance room, a multipurpose room, classrooms, offices, staff tea/coffee room, etc. All rooms have a large touch screen monitor television connected to a computer and overhead projector (camera enabled, not the mirrored kind).
To be clear, Beijing 35 is a dynamic institution that is constantly striving to improve itself. Thus, we seek teachers with at least a Masters in their subject, the right experience, good references, certification and a passion for teaching. This is because, in addition to some courses specific to only Beijing No. 35 High School, we additionally cooperate with the Keystone School in the U.S. for dual Sino-US diplomas, with the Northern Consortium of UK Universities (NCUK) on their International Foundation Year (IFY), with US Pathway Program administered through Northeastern University and Kaplan International, and additionally we provide specialized training for grade three students applying individually to world-wide universities. As a teacher here, you may be expected to work on any of these programs; which I believe would suit your professional development goals nicely, and certainly enrich your experience!
Read More >>
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: No.1 Yuzhen Rd. Caiyu. Daxing District, Beijing
View in map