New Oriental Introduction:
The largest provider of private educational services in China, New Oriental, is now looking for fantastic native or near-native English- speaking teachers to join its team of on-call teachers in the Shanghai POP Kids International Department.
At New Oriental, on-call teachers have the flexibility and freedom to teach when they are free, plus great working benefits.
New Oriental provides its valued teachers with all the tools to shine and excel as a wonderful English teacher, from in-depth training to detailed materials.
Our courses utilise a range of presentation, interactive whiteboard, pad and app technology, so that the best experience can be given to both the teacher and the students in the classroom.
With our small classes of maximum 12-16 students, the teacher really has the opportunity to connect with and get to know their students well.
At New Oriental, the teacher’s time is valued. Teachers are provided with fully structured materials to use in their classes, allowing them to simply focus on their teaching.
Our courses range from the lively and fun ages of 3-4 years old up to the more conversational ages of 13-14 years old.
Join our team and become a POP Kids International on-call English teacher!
• Freedom to simply accept or not an offered substitute schedule.
• Higher, last minute and emergency hourly pay rates.
• Yearly evaluation for raises.
• The school generally operates only on Friday late afternoon and evening, all day Saturday and Sunday.
• Full course, teacher and company training are provided, both online and in-person.
• Teaching materials are provided.
• Writing of lesson plans is not required.
• Teaching students English (3-14 years old) in classes ranging from 8-16 students in size.
• Communicating in-person to the parents about their children’s progress.
• Communicating with the Chinese teachers about the class and the students’ progress.
• Working as a team with the Chinese teachers and centre managers to create good, working relationships and promote Shanghai New Oriental to the parents/prospective parents and the students/prospective students.
1. Native or near-native English speaker.
2. Teaching experience preferred.
3. Generally available to substitute Friday afternoon and evening, all day Saturday and Sunday.
Skills: Teaching, Communication, Reliability, Adaptability, Imagination