New Oriental Introduction:
The largest provider of private educational services in China, New Oriental, is now looking for fantastic native or near-native English- speaking teachers to join its team of on-call teachers in the Shanghai POP Kids International Department.
At New Oriental, on-call teachers have the flexibility and freedom to teach when they are free, plus great working benefits.
New Oriental provides its valued teachers with all the tools to shine and excel as a wonderful English teacher, from in-depth training to detailed materials.
Our courses utilise a range of presentation, interactive whiteboard, pad and app technology, so that the best experience can be given to both the teacher and the students in the classroom.
With our small classes of maximum 12-16 students, the teacher really has the opportunity to connect with and get to know their students well.
At New Oriental, the teacher’s time is valued. Teachers are provided with fully structured materials to use in their classes, allowing them to simply focus on their teaching.
Our courses range from the lively and fun ages of 3-4 years old up to the more conversational ages of 13-14 years old.
Join our team and become a POP Kids International on-call English teacher!
• Freedom to simply accept or not an offered substitute schedule.
• Higher, last minute and emergency hourly pay rates.
• Yearly evaluation for raises.
• The school generally operates only on Friday late afternoon and evening, all day Saturday and Sunday.
• Full course, teacher and company training are provided, both online and in-person.
• Teaching materials are provided.
• Writing of lesson plans is not required.
• Teaching students English (3-14 years old) in classes ranging from 8-16 students in size.
• Communicating in-person to the parents about their children’s progress.
• Communicating with the Chinese teachers about the class and the students’ progress.
• Working as a team with the Chinese teachers and centre managers to create good, working relationships and promote Shanghai New Oriental to the parents/prospective parents and the students/prospective students.
1. Native or near-native English speaker.
2. Teaching experience preferred.
3. Generally available to substitute Friday afternoon and evening, all day Saturday and Sunday.
Skills: Teaching, Communication, Reliability, Adaptability, Imagination
New Oriental Education & Technology Group
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
As the largest provider of private educational services in China, New Oriental offers education for a lifetime, teaching skills that give students a crucial competitive advantage in the workplace and help improve their quality of life. Our wide range of educational programs, services and products include English and other foreign language training, overseas and domestic test preparation courses, all-subjects after school tutoring, primary and secondary school education, University pathway programs, educational content and software, as well as online education.
New Oriental has become the most recognized brand in Chinese private education. Based on founder Michael Yu's groundbreaking vision, our innovative and inspirational instruction combines humorous, interactive teaching techniques with traditional Chinese educational values.
Since our founding in 1993, New Oriental has had about 15 million student enrollments, including approximately 2.4 million enrollments in fiscal year 2012. Today, we have a network of 57 schools, 744 learning centers, 32 New Oriental bookstores and over 5,000 third-party bookstores and over 17,700 teachers in 50 cities, as well as an online network with over 8.2 million registered users.
-#1 Provider of private education in China
-Most recognized brand in Chinese private education
-A presence in over fifty cities throughout China
-First Chinese education company to be listed on the NYSE (edu)
-Diverse course offerings including International Exam Prep (IELTS/TOEFL/SAT/GMAT/GRE), AP, Foundation/Pathway programs, Business English, Spoken English, English writing
-Courses/Programs available to all ages from 1yr old to adult
-Online teaching platform
It is estimated over 70% of Chinese students studying in N. America were once students of New Oriental
For more information about New Oriental please visit web and click on the English link on the top right of the homepage.
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: No.6 Haidian Zhongjie, Haidian District, Beijing