Working Location: Chengdu
The EAP Lecturer will be responsible for the following:
• teaching EAP courses to Chinese students who are preparing for undergraduate and/or postgraduate study at university in the UK, USA, Canada and Australia;
• developing specialist EAP teaching materials, contributing to the pool of teaching materials ;
• administering and marking assessments strictly according to overseas partners’ specifications;
• providing detailed written feedback to students on both formative and summative assessment tasks according to criteria and specifications provided by overseas partners;
• designing EAP schemes of work which meet the requirements of overseas partners’ EAP course syllabi;
• participating in the review of course syllabi and assessment plans;
• coordinating effectively with fellow EAP lecturers and subject module lectures in order to contribute to a successful integrated team teaching approach;
• conducting individual tutorials and progress meetings with students;
• producing individual student reports and overall course reports as required;
• participating in academic staff meetings and professional development activities, including providing fellow staff members training in areas of individual expertise;
• participating in induction of new students, in course social events and in marketing activities as required;
The successful EAP Lecturer applicant will possess the following qualifications and skills:
• a relevant academic qualification at the bachelors degree level from a university where English is the primary mode of instruction ;
• a TESL/TEFL qualification (i.e. CELTA, DELTA or MA TESOL) ;
• a minimum of two years of relevant teaching experience, preferably in the delivery of a Western-style syllabus using Western conventions and methodologies; significant teaching/program management experience at a reputable university may also be acceptable ;
• the ability to contribute to integrated team teaching across the curriculum;
• an understanding of Western higher education and the needs and requirements of international students ;
• direct experience of further and higher education in an international context ;
Please send a cover letter which explains how your experience and attributes qualify you for this position, along with your CV and qualification certificates, to us
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Professional Services (Consulting, HR, Finance/Accounting)
K&B Financial is the biggest training provider of delivering international accounting and finance qualification for universities of embedded full-time class in China, specialized in providing a total solution to the international education reform for universities in China.
The major shareholder of KB Financial is QA Education Group, one of the biggest educational organization across Europe. QA Education Group established in 1985 in UK and has become the market leader in corporate training and higher education over 30 years. QA Education Group is the biggest training provider to government and multinational companies such as IBM, Amazon, British Banker’s Association in UK. For Higher Education, QA Education Group has been working with a number of prestige university partners in UK and offers a range of fully accredited UK higher education programs from foundation level through to postgraduate degrees. QA Education Group has also been working closely with a number of famous academic/training organizations in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Since came to China, K&B Financial has built up a strong network with Chinese universities. In 2007, K&B Financial founded“K&B Financial International Financial Training Centre, SWUFE” with Southwestern University of Finance and Economics. Since 2008, K&B Financial specialized in running embedded full-time class with universities to deliver ACCA, CIMA，AICPA qualification trainings. This program has been a great success relying upon to K&B Financial and global teaching resources sharing platform of QA Education Group, strong research and development capabilities, outstanding foreigner and Chinese lecturers’ team and overall student services. K&B Financial has established partner relationships with more than 30 universities in China mainland, with approximately 5,000 registered students.
In addition, K& B Financial has also established strategic partnership with ACCA、CIMA、ICAEW、NCUK、Fitch Learning , in order to become the market leader of providing premier international qualifications, resources, solutions to Chinese market including high schools, universities and corporations. In April 2015, K& B Financial has developed a new program aim to provide full service of overseas education consulting for ACCA embedded full-time class graduates, with cooperation of ACCA and NCUK.
- Current Location: Chengdu China
- Address: Wenxian Annexe, No.35 Qing Jiang Zhong Road, Chengdu 610074, P.R.China