Position: Global Scholars Program Academic Advisor
1. Graduated from the top 10 comprehensive universities or Liberal Arts Colleges or from Ivy League in United States.
2. Love education and Chinese culture, can adapt to cross-cultural communication.
3. Can bear pressure and challenges when it comes at the peak of students’ application.
4. If candidates who have rich experience, the education background can be extended to the top 30 universities in United States.
5. Must native English speaker.
1. Counsel applicants to American universities and colleges on application tactics and targets based on in-depth qualification assessment and customize education plans.
2. Work with advisees to develop personal and academic goals and track progress during regular meetings.
3. Initiate essay workshops on writing skills and strategies.
4. Assist students with researching and troubleshooting project and academic challenges.
5. Provide guidance and feedback on advisee projects and written work such as application essays and other application materials such as activity lists.
6. Launch mock interviews for students and provide assessment feedback to help improve their interview performance and self-confidence.
7. Assist in regular staff training on admissions to top American universities and colleges.
8. Participate in relevant educational and promotional activities and events such as public lectures, educational fairs and conferences, and staff sharing sessions.
9. Any other additional reasonable duties assigned by his or her manager that are related to her responsibilities as listed.
Salary: 18000 RMB-25000 RMB (Before tax)
Skills: native English speaker
GreatChina International Education
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
An education company aiming to help both students and employees access success.
Starting in 1996, GreatChina International Education (GIE) has been working with Chinese students and young professionals to prepare for and explore future careers, pursue higher education goals, and develop skills to be successful in classes and the workplace. GIE offers a broad range of integrated services, including test prep, study abroad counseling & planning, international education (such as bridge and joint programs with high schools and colleges), cultural and educational exchange, career counseling, international talent acquisition, and educational technology. GIE is registered at the federal and state levels of the United States and recognized by the Chinese Consulate General in Los Angeles and Houston, certified by the National Association of Foreign Student Affairs (NAFSA), the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), and International Consultants for Education and Fairs (ICEF). GIE has also been approved by Chinese authorities including the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Public Security, the Administration for Industry and Commerce, the Bureau of Civil Affairs and the Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs. In addition to partnering with over 20 domestic educational authorities, international academic agencies, immigration agencies, and higher institutions, GIE has networked with schools and higher institutions all across the United States and prominent study destinations such as Britain, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Singapore. GIE is currently headquartered in Chengdu with presences in Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Kunming, Hainan and Nanjing with expansion into New York City, Phoenix, Dallas, and Los Angeles. Through GIE's 3R corporate culture, we are committed to responsible and sustainable business practices (Responsibility); we respect ideas and encourage collaboration (Respect); and we focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for clients and employees (Reliability).
- Current Location: Chengdu China
- Address: Lower Dongda Street, No.126, Xinian Plaza Suite A 25th Floor, Jinjiang District, Chengdu, China