- Teach Oral English to classes of around 40 university students
- Twelve to fifteen 90-minute classes per week
- Every attempt is made to block teaching hours (no split shifts)
- All classes scheduled M-F 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Curriculum in place, although teachers are encouraged to be creative and supplement lessons with other activities (training/resources provided)
- Opportunities to participate in university extra-curricular activities such as English corner and short-film making competition.
Earlybirds is an organization that works directly with universities and public schools in Shanghai. We are not a recruiter or agency but hire teams of teachers and academic managers for institutions that we work in partnership with. We strive to offer a friendly yet professional environment for teachers wishing to experience life in China.
- Hold a university bachelor degree
- Be a native speaker of English (USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and South Africa)
- Minimum 2-years’ teaching experience
- no teaching experience is needed if you have bachelor degree majored in education, language or teaching, or native teaching license, or qualified international ESL teaching certificates, such as CELTA or TEFL certificate.
- Have a reasonable level of comfort with technology (we use IWB and a variety of applications in the classroom – training provided)
- contract starting Feb. 20th , 2019 to Jan 19th , 2020 with July and August
- 14,500 RMB per calendar month (10,000 basic salary + 4500 housing allowance) only need to work 2 weeks each month in July and August, will pay basic salary each month.
-One week (7 nights) offered in a hotel and help in finding permanent accommodation provided.
- 12,000 RMB end-of-contract bonus (related to completion of contract and performance).
- Travel allowances 8,000 RMB half paid upon completion of first semester, with the rest being paid on the completion of the contract.
- Help with costs pertaining to relocation
- offers medical insurance.
- On-going teacher development
- Bilingual staff to assist with housing/cultural issues
- Team dinners/trips to nearby sights
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Earlybirds is an academic partner with universities in and around Shanghai - growing and developing English language programmes together.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: Shanghai, China