The Principal Assistant is accountable to the Principal and is responsible for the improvement and effectiveness of teaching and learning in all areas of the School, also responsible for the management of the House System.
The Principal Assistant will support Principal for the following responsibilities:
• To ensure an orderly and supportive environment for teachers to teach and for students to learn and grow；
• To ensure a continuous and consistent school-wide focus on students’ achievement using data and benchmarks to monitor progress；
• To provide an outstanding model of classroom practice；
• To develop a clear channel of communication to parents through form tutors and subject teachers；
• To deal with the issues of the subject teachers with regard to professional and career development issues，complaints，disputes and discipline in accordance with the school’s policies；
• To support SAO for the students’ discipline management.
The Quality Assurance of Teaching:
The Principal Assistant has primary responsibility for monitoring and improving the quality of teaching in the School. This responsibility is implemented by discharging the tasks set out below:
• Establish creative, responsive and effective approaches to teaching and
• Ensure that every individual student has access to high quality teaching and
• Ensure that the teaching and learning in the School is exceptional and that teachers and additional adults generate high levels of enthusiasm for, participation in and commitment to learning.
• To lead HODs in evaluating effectively the quality of teaching in the school through:
(a) Regular lesson observations,
(b) Monitoring of teachers’ planning
(c) Scrutiny of student’s work
• To identify any staff weaknesses and, in liaison with the Principal, to provide
support and guidance to enhance teaching performance.
• To undertake the annual performance appraisals of teaching and learning staff.
• To support the Principal on the recruitment, development ，and retention of staff.
• To observe probationary staff and record observations so that the probation can be approved，extended or denied in accordance with school guideline.
The Quality of Learning:
The Principal Assistant has the primary responsibility for the overview of the taught curriculum, ensuring evaluation and progress of standards of achievement of the students through their lessons. This responsibility is implemented by discharging the tasks set out below:
• Working with Principal to ensure that an appropriate curriculum is planned
and implemented effectively to meet the needs of all students, while complying with any relevant changes to government policies.
• Ensure that the learning environment promotes a love of learning and also serves to raise the levels of attainment and achievement for all students.
• To ensure that there are a range of ‘home’ learning opportunities and that appropriate and regular homework contributes very well to students’ learning.
• To ensure appropriate provision for gifted and talented students and ensure the appropriate support for the weak students.
• To monitor regularly the School’s policies in relation to curriculum and teaching including evaluating their effectiveness.
• To participate the students’ admission fair for marketing and promotion.
• To participate the students’ admission fair for the entrance examination.
Ray International Academy
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
Ray International Academy committed to helping prepare students for university study through close international cooperation, the introduction of high quality education courses and developing international cooperation courses for Chinese students. We offer an internationalized curriculum and teaching pedagogy catered towards the specialized needs of the Chinese student.
Ray International Academy integrates and promotes different levels of educational resources all over the world. Ray promotes the integration of Chinese and foreign cultural education, as well as helps promote Chinese and foreign cultural education projects in order to build an international cooperation. At the same time, Ray International Academy is an important partner of many professional institutions:
• American University Board of Trustees
• Pearson Education Group
• The British Edexcel National Vocational Education and Examination Center
• The University of Cambridge Examination Committee
• China's Colleges and Universities Management Center
• The American Association of Education Workers
• New York State University System
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 20F, Block A, No.388 West Jiangwan RD, Hongkou District, Shanghai