Teach basic skills including letters, numbers, elemental natural and social science, music, art, literature and behavioral skills to children in the kindergarten phase to advance their physical, mental, and social development and maximize their potential in a positive and safe environment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities (include but are not confined to)
• plan a program that helps each student achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals, finish the weekly teaching plan
• prepare lesson materials and resources
• select and use instructional methods and materials appropriate to the students and learning activities
• utilize games, music, books, art, technology and other resources to teach basic skills and foster student development
• adapt standard teaching methods to meet different student needs and interests
• create a positive and appropriate classroom environment that is conducive to learning, decorate the classrooms in accordance with the festivals and activities, change the décor on the wall at least twice a month
• develop and implement a suitable classroom management system
• establish and effect rules for acceptable behavior
• apply and follow up on approved disciplinary interventions
• make referrals for assistance where necessary
• instruct children on personal hygiene practices and self-care
• encourage cooperative social behavior through games and activities
• provide constructive feedback to parents and guardians, finish a letter to parents every Thursday, including the content of the week, the plan for next week and the preparation children and parents need to do for the next week
• conduct two assessment tests on children’s English ability at the beginning and in the middle of each semester respectively and write a report analyzing the test results accordingly
• provide comprehensive assessment to children at the end of the semester
• hold a parents’ meeting with Chinese teachers every semester
• demonstrate your teaching to parents during the ‘Open Day’ every semester
• help with planning activities for western an Chinese festivals, including proposing ideas, preparing materials, making PowerPoint slides, posters and décor
• prepare and distribute written reports to administration, submit teaching plan for next week on Thursday to head teacher
• print out the weekly plan and put it on the notice-board of the classroom
• plan and order classroom equipment and supplies in 2 weeks advance
• perform required administrative duties including attending staff meetings chaired by the head teacher and director of the kindergarten each week, teaching activities held within the kindergarten and all staff (Chinese and foreign) meeting once a month
• uphold the school code of conduct and all school policies, rules and procedures in a supportive and positive manner
1. Native-speakers from UK, CAN, USA, AUS, New Zealand and South Africa
2. Bachelor Degree at least
Suzhou Foreign Language School
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
Suzhou Foreign Language School, with over 3000 students, is located in a plot of nearly 70,000 square meters, from k-12 for both domestic and international programs.We are building a wonderful learning environment and a proud tradition of producing well-mannered, independent, creative, and talented citizens of the world rooted in Chinese history and culture with drive and confidence to fulfill their dreams in life.
In recent years, many programs were developed with special features: Overseas class in 2002, , Intel class in 2005, Art class for young ladies and CIE class for science and engineering students in 2007, German class in 2009 and Spanish class in 2010. Today the SFLS fully supports a K-12 education with multiple language options. Despite the short history with constant addition in programs and in the student body, it remains true as a privately run foreign language school today. We have enjoyed the accolade of being named as the Leading Primary and Secondary School of Jiangsu Province – several times in the last decade.
SFLS has a strong work ethic. Uniquely, about 500 staff, including 48 foreign teachers, are all specialists of different subjects, for whom the school provides a very good range of academic, creative and professional learning atmosphere.
SFLS always ranks top 3 of the city in the high school or college entrance exams, while the AB percentage of AS tests were all above 90% in core subjects like Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics. Graduates from our school every year are accepted by world renowned universities all over the world, including Cambridge, Imperial, Vanderbilt University, NYU, Rice, McGill, Waterloo, etc.
All in all, SFLS is one of China’s most exciting and successful schools. We are very proud of what we have achieved. We are keeping our traditional values, but we have opened a multifaceted educational system. We have met the need for students by constructing a bridge between secondary education and university life.
- Current Location: Suzhou China
- Address: 201 Zhuyuan Road,New District, Suzou