The International Curriculum of GreatChina International Education (GIE) is looking for a full-time Economics Teacher for its Chengdu office - No. 7 Wanda High School. This position is to start from September, 2019. The department plays a pivotal role in assisting each school with enriching student learning environments by integrating aspects of international education into the classroom. Teachers within the department serve both students looking to remain in China for higher education as well as students who plan to study college and university abroad. Teachers in the department of each school are placed in a supportive environment that encourages professional development through collaboration with experienced faculty and staff. Competitive salary is based on skills, certifications and experience with additional benefits that may include housing or allowance, flight allowance, completion bonus, visa sponsorship and reimbursement, paid holidays and sick leave, and a bilingual assistant.
Launched in 1996, GIE is registered at the federal and state levels of the U.S., recognized by the Chinese Consulate General in LA and Houston, and certified by the National Association of Foreign Student Affairs (NAFSA), the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), and International Consultants for Education and Fairs (ICEF). GIE has also been approved by Chinese authorities including the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Public Security, the Administration for Industry and Commerce, the Bureau of Civil Affairs and the Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs. GIE provides comprehensive services in study abroad and test preparation, international education, cultural and educational exchange, career planning, and investment immigration to Chinese students and families.
Wanda No.7 High School is one of the first key high schools designated by the Ministry of Education of China and considered as one of the best high schools in Sichuan Province well-known across the country for its high quality education and good academic performance. The campus covers 50,000 square meters, with 32 senior and junior classes comprised of over 1,800 students. The school faculty numbers 200 professionals, including 10 Superior Class Teachers, 10 Academic Leaders awarded by the Chengdu Government, and 60 Senior Teachers. Among the faculty members, 40 have been awarded titles such as Excellent Teacher and Model Worker conferred by the State, Sichuan Province, and Chengdu City.
• Teach AP Calculus and Economics. Teaching levels include basic subject knowledge, academic improvement and AP courses.
• Prepare clear and detailed lesson plans and content before class, grade homework, assess student work and exams, and design student assessments and answer keys
• Supervise students during self-study hall and attend regular group meetings and staff meetings
• Conduct peer observations to exchange and promote effective teaching techniques
• Deliver presentations or lectures sharing insights on American culture, US college application preparation, and other topics when necessary
• Support student recruitment initiatives by participating in activities and events such as student interviews and consulting with students about study abroad options
• Other related responsibilities as requested
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Math, Economics, or related field
• Preference TEFL, TESOL, or other teaching certifications with AP certification strongly preferred
• At least 1 year of teaching experience, preferably in Math, Economics or a related subject
• Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritize and manage tasks
• Strong passion for and commitment to education
Skills: Economics, Teaching
GreatChina International Education
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
An education company aiming to help both students and employees access success.
Starting in 1996, GreatChina International Education (GIE) has been working with Chinese students and young professionals to prepare for and explore future careers, pursue higher education goals, and develop skills to be successful in classes and the workplace. GIE offers a broad range of integrated services, including test prep, study abroad counseling & planning, international education (such as bridge and joint programs with high schools and colleges), cultural and educational exchange, career counseling, international talent acquisition, and educational technology. GIE is registered at the federal and state levels of the United States and recognized by the Chinese Consulate General in Los Angeles and Houston, certified by the National Association of Foreign Student Affairs (NAFSA), the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), and International Consultants for Education and Fairs (ICEF). GIE has also been approved by Chinese authorities including the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Public Security, the Administration for Industry and Commerce, the Bureau of Civil Affairs and the Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs. In addition to partnering with over 20 domestic educational authorities, international academic agencies, immigration agencies, and higher institutions, GIE has networked with schools and higher institutions all across the United States and prominent study destinations such as Britain, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Singapore. GIE is currently headquartered in Chengdu with presences in Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Kunming, Hainan and Nanjing with expansion into New York City, Phoenix, Dallas, and Los Angeles. Through GIE's 3R corporate culture, we are committed to responsible and sustainable business practices (Responsibility); we respect ideas and encourage collaboration (Respect); and we focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for clients and employees (Reliability).
- Current Location: Chengdu China
- Address: Lower Dongda Street, No.126, Xinian Plaza Suite A 25th Floor, Jinjiang District, Chengdu, China