1. Conduct classroom lessons according to the school and Panda methodology.
2. Prepare and teach classes in the school as scheduled.
3. Give constructive feedback about students
4. Help students reach the level of English established in the learning objective.
5. Provide advice and assistance to students, in and out of the classroom.
6. Promote and preserve a pleasant and courteous atmosphere in the school
- Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand to meet China visa regulations
- Age between 22-50 years old
- Bachelors Degree in any major - MUST be notarised
- Notarised CELTA or 120 hour (minimum not online) TEFL/TESOL certificate AND/OR 2 years post-degree English teaching experience
- Able to pass a notarised Criminal Background Check, and standard health check
- Passionate about both teaching and life; friendly and outgoing
- Professionally dressed and well-groomed
- 23000RMB to 27000RMB monthly + 5000RMB Chinese New Year bonus + 13000RMB performance (summer) bonus
- Chinese government holidays and Christmas day paid
- Accident insurance
- Free school lunches
- Transit card
- Relocation allowance of up to three days in a hotel
- Housing is not provided but we help you get accommodation at Chinese (not foreigners) prices
- Assistance for teachers with routine matters (eg, registering SIM card, translation in hospital, dentist, etc)
Residential working visa (permit) backed by Category B Work Permit
Regular working hours, typically Monday to Friday 8.00 to 16.00 (40 Hours, 20 teaching hours max)
Contracts are for one year, and training is given
China is increasingly tightening foreign employment laws, meaning that many schools are employing foreign teachers illegally. But it is the “innocent” foreigner who pays the heaviest price for working illegally in China, usually completely unaware of their status. A business or working visa, backed by a general work permit, does not allow anyone to legally teach; you need a Category B Foreigner's Work Permit as an English teacher (registered by SAFEA).
Panda Education (founded 2008) has the licences to legally employ, hold a Cat B permit, and provide a residential working visa (permit) for each teacher. We have the legal expertise to obtain these documents correctly and right, first time.
We are NOT an agency. We can explain and detail the exact legalities to any applicant, whether they join our schools or not. The Foreign Expert office (SAFEA) will now only grant Cat B to native English speakers.
In addition to being secure in the knowledge they are safe with Panda, teachers are also looked after by our management staff so that they have a home away from home. We ensure schools do not take advantage of teachers. Legalities are taken care of by the management staff, and the Foreign Directors main focus is to listen to, and look after foreign teachers concerns and problems, whether private or professional. We can help with finding an apartment, registering with the local police, SIM cards, translation in hospitals and other routine living advice.
Panda English Education
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Since 2008, Panda has been supplying English education to schools all over Shanghai. Attached to the SiHui Training Group, Panda has more than 40 foreign and Chinese staff, and continues to grow. Foreign owned and managed, we are a fully licensed company with foreign expert and education licenses.
Therefore we provide two services. For teachers, our main focus is to provide legal visas and Category B permits for all our teachers and create a totally safe and friendly environment. Unlike many schools we have a dedicated, qualified officer in constant touch with, and visiting weekly, the foreign expert bureau (SAFEA) and exit/entry police (PSB). As a result, foreigners do not run the risk of being caught teaching illegally, without even knowing their status. The visa and permit process is explained to each teacher and regular updates on status are given. We also ensure that teachers are not taken advantage of, or mistreated by schools. We value our employees' opinions and work as a team to try and make a better future for the teachers, staff, schools, students and company. We don't just employ teachers, but help them with regular routines that we take for granted in our home countries, but are not able to do in China without the necessary language skills or knowledge of the culture. We try to be the family replacement that teachers sometimes miss.
For the schools, we provide a service of recruiting, legally obtaining visas, training, assessing and monitoring the foreign English teachers. With regular contact and visits, we maintain good relationships with the schools and teachers alike, listening to any concerns or suggestions, and taking any potential conflict away from the teacher and school.
For further information, please email email@example.com
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: Room 322, 3rd Floor, 129 Qi Shan Road, Pudong, Shanghai, 200135