The main business of the PYP Coordinator is to follow the Job Description set out in the IB Coordinators Handbook. This means working towards meeting the IB Standards and Practices, both in attaining and maintaining authorization as an IB World School. That is, to ensure the PYP Department’s Philosophy, Organisation and Curriculum become aligned with the IB requirements. It is important that the PYP Department’s Mission Statement aligns with that of IB and that this mission visible drives the program and that the PYP Coordinator reflects the Attributes of the Learner Profile.
• Schedule to meet with Head of PYP every week
• Be a member of the Pedagogical Leadership Team
• Meet with each grade level every week for planning
• Meet with Specialist teachers for planning at least monthly and attend Specialist ILT meeting
• Be familiar with and promote understanding and use of all PYP documents.
• Establish and maintain a record of completed IB Primary Years Program planners.
• Publish the school’s Program of Inquiry.
• Lead the process of developing or reviewing on the school’s curriculum documents, including the Program of Inquiry and Scope and Sequence documents, a regular basis.
• Ensure that policies are formulated for admission, teaching and learning language and for assessment.
• Ensure the development of an action plan by following the instructions on the public website (http://ibo.org/become) under “Becoming an IB World School”
• Maintain the archive of PYP records from one year to the next, including the exhibition.
• Ensure that the document entitled General regulations: Primary Years Program (2011) is supplied to parents/legal guardians (available through the IB public website, IBIS and IB HeadNet).
• Ensure that the document entitled Rules for IB World Schools: Primary Years Program (2011) is shared with relevant parties (available through the IB public website, IBIS and IB HeadNet).
3. Professional development
• Ensure that staff members are made aware of IB professional development opportunities.
• Make recommendations regarding professional development opportunities on and off campus.
• Keep a record of workshop attendance and school visits to ensure equality of opportunity to identify ongoing needs, and to complete authorization and program evaluation forms.
• Assist teams or individuals in developing and documenting units of inquiry and individual student inquiries.
• Support the teachers responsible for, and the students involved in, the PYP exhibition in the final year of the program—see Exhibition guidelines (2008) for further information.
4. Resource management
• Make recommendations for the purchase of suitable resources to support the implementation of the program.
• Be responsible for the establishment of an inventory of resources to facilitate efficient collaboration.
• Ensure that all requirements of the IB concerning the implementation of the program are adhered to.
• Set up systems for communication and collaboration among all staff members involved in implementing the program.
• Conduct parent information sessions.
• Publish articles pertaining to the program in the school blog platform
• Circulate all relevant information received from the IB and ensure that teachers and other staff are kept up to date with current developments in the program.
• Prepare and submit any documentation required for authorization and evaluation.
• Respond to requests for information (for example, questionnaires) from the IB.
• Provide a liaison between the school and the IB.
• Provide outreach to the wider PYP community through Norther China PYPC network, My IB discussion forums, email and hosting visits from other schools.
• Promote the use of the IB Resources within the school community.
• Recommend exemplary teachers to participate in curriculum development meetings.
6. Parent Community
• Attend public events launched by the PYP Department or that the Department is included in.
• Hold parent session to help parents understand PYP and other important educational concepts such as the growth mindset, the importance of grit.
• Meet with single or groups of parents as and when required
• Be a member of the PYP Parent Teacher Association.
Beijing Royal School
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
Beijing Royal School is approved by the Beijing Municipal Commission of Education foreign joint-venture school, it firstly introduced the British A-LEVEL courses in 2003, and in 2006 it also introduced United States AP courses. The school has been awarded as the ‘British University of Cambridge Examination Committee of Cambridge International Education Examination Center’, PSAT/AP Examination Center’ and TOEFL iBT Test Center.
The School provides Cambridge International Examination A-Level courses, U.S. Advanced Placement courses, and the Cambridge IGCSE Standard Curriculum in addition to preparing students for IELTS, TOEFL ibt, and SAT examinations.
At present, we look for teachers to teach our junior middle and senior high students for 2013-2014 school year.
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: No. 11, Wangfu Street, Bei Qi Jia Town, Changping District, China