• To teach from the curriculum that is supplied.
• To be engaged with your class and your Chinese co-teacher and work together to provide a stable environment for learning.
• To be on time and arrive to class in an orderly manner.
• To guide the children in a respectable manner and develop their social skills as well as their social development.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
• Following your schedule and planning the appropriate lessons for your classes based on their ability and the curriculum goals.
• Plan your lessons and use available material or others that you wish to supply.
• Use different instructional methods appropriate to reach all of your students.
• Utilize the screens in the classroom to find different games, music, online activities to help with their education.
• Create a learning environment by decorating and making changes to the room for certain festivals and other activities that are arranged by the school.
• Develop and implement a set of standards for the classroom and teach the children how to stay within the boundaries.
• Apply and follow up on the approved disciplinary interventions.
• Make referrals for assistance where necessary
• Wear the designated uniform on Monday and Friday.
• Greet the students and parents on Monday mornings. Be in the class and talk to the parents on Friday afternoons.
• Prepare you end of semester exams, students report by the due date so they can go through the appropriate checks.
• Have a parents meeting every semester, and conduct an open class for the parents.
• Liaise with your Chinese co-teacher and help plan for the western activities planned by the school. Help plan for all of the festivals that are upcoming.
• Communicate with the parents through the student handbook that you will write in on a regular basis.
• Attend all meetings set by the head of your department
• Uphold the school code of conduct and all the school policies, rules and procedures in a supportive and positive manner.
1. Native-speakers from UK, CAN, USA, AUS, New Zealand and South Africa.
2. Bachelor Degree at least
Suzhou Foreign Language School
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Suzhou Foreign Language School, with over 3000 students, is located in a plot of nearly 70,000 square meters, from k-12 for both domestic and international programs.We are building a wonderful learning environment and a proud tradition of producing well-mannered, independent, creative, and talented citizens of the world rooted in Chinese history and culture with drive and confidence to fulfill their dreams in life.
In recent years, many programs were developed with special features: Overseas class in 2002, , Intel class in 2005, Art class for young ladies and CIE class for science and engineering students in 2007, German class in 2009 and Spanish class in 2010. Today the SFLS fully supports a K-12 education with multiple language options. Despite the short history with constant addition in programs and in the student body, it remains true as a privately run foreign language school today. We have enjoyed the accolade of being named as the Leading Primary and Secondary School of Jiangsu Province – several times in the last decade.
SFLS has a strong work ethic. Uniquely, about 500 staff, including 48 foreign teachers, are all specialists of different subjects, for whom the school provides a very good range of academic, creative and professional learning atmosphere.
SFLS always ranks top 3 of the city in the high school or college entrance exams, while the AB percentage of AS tests were all above 90% in core subjects like Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics. Graduates from our school every year are accepted by world renowned universities all over the world, including Cambridge, Imperial, Vanderbilt University, NYU, Rice, McGill, Waterloo, etc.
All in all, SFLS is one of China’s most exciting and successful schools. We are very proud of what we have achieved. We are keeping our traditional values, but we have opened a multifaceted educational system. We have met the need for students by constructing a bridge between secondary education and university life.
- Current Location: Suzhou China
- Address: 201 Zhuyuan Road,New District, Suzou