Are you looking for a new, worthwhile experience in China? How about working at a foreign owned school where the owner understands the difficulties faced in working in another culture? Join our expanding team in the fast growing but slow paced city of Chengdu, home of the Giant Panda, GongFu Tea, Sichuan Opera, Mahjong, and, of course, the extra spicy Sichuan Cuisine.
We require Native English speakers (American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, Kiwi, South African, or Jamaican only due to Chinese regulations on Foreign Expert Certificates) with at minimum a Bachelors Degree, 120 Hours Tefl/Tesol, Certificate of No-Criminal Conviction, and Health Check, and preferably with two years experience teaching 4-18 year olds.
Our new school is rapidly growing, and seeks candidates with a passion to teach young people English, and who have the energy, drive, imagination, and creativity to lead small group classes (8-12 Students) using the Cambridge Young Learners curriculum (Super Safari, Super Minds, and Think English).
Teaching hours are usually weekday evenings and weekend mornings and afternoons, with a weekly workload of 20 hours teaching, plus office hours for class management and planning, with future opportunity in day classes as business grows.
We are a small family owned private English training school, and as such can offer a much more personal and familial work-place than other language mills or public schools, where we value you as teachers and educators, and care about your experience and life in China.
To Apply please sent us your current C.V., current location and employment details, as well as evidence of minimum requirements.
Andrew International English School
Huayang, Sichuan, China
Position Information and Requirements
• 5 working days per week, made up of three weekday afternoons & evenings plus both weekend days morning & afternoon or afternoon and evening.
• Maximum 20 Teaching hours per week plus hours for planning and marking.
• Class size 8-12 students (Ages 4-6; 6-11; 11-18).
• Lesson plans based on comprehensive curriculum with freedom to develop activities and own style to add to lesson materials.
• Regular working hours subject to seasonal variation.
• Working with Chinese Teaching Assistant in class, and with Chinese Study Advisor on feedback and student support.
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive salary of 18,000 to 24,000 On Target Earnings (O.T.E.) per month, before tax, with better teachers able to achieve higher salary with experience and excellent work.
• Salary includes basic retainer + teaching hours pay + housing allowance + K.P.I. bonuses + student sign-up bonuses. Great teachers can achieve, or even exceed, our highest salary within one year.
• 11 Days paid holiday in first year, aligned with Chinese National Holidays, with an additional 10 days paid leave available in second and subsequent year’s contracts.
• Sponsored Work Permit.
• Arrival assistance and help with apartment search.
• Up to 5 nights hotel accommodation on arrival until apartment lease is confirmed, although we can work on your behalf to find suitable accommodation before your arrival.
• Ongoing training and career development.
• Bonus and rewards: 100/200/400 Based on length of contract signed, or re-signed based on teachers performance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from Native English Nation’s University.
• TEFL or TESOL Certificate.
• A provable desire to work with children, teenagers and young adults.
• Energy, drive and commitment to excel in teaching English to all age groups.
• Two years or more teaching experience of key age groups preferred.
• Ability to work as a team to develop excellent teaching methodologies and increase student interest and excitement in our learning.
Required Information in application letter:
• Covering letter: make it interesting, make yourself unique.
• Resume (C.V.)
• Reference Information (Current employer will not be contacted until start date is confirmed).
• Recent Photo for identification only. (Andrew International English strives to employ people with diverse backgrounds, we actively seek candidates from all backgrounds and refuse to see differences in gender/race/religion/sexuality/or any other difference as a hindrance to great teaching).
• Degree and TEFL/TESOL Certificate.
• Current Passport (Photo Page).
• Contact Information.
Unfortunately, due to restrictions on Foreign Work Permits for English Teachers, we are unable to accept any applications from non-native English Speaking countries. The current Chinese Government approved native speaking countries being: Australia; Canada; Ireland; Jamaica; New Zealand; South Africa; United States of America; United Kingdom.