1. Edit and/or proofread the English content of the organisation’s bilingual Chinese and English weekly magazine, Beijing. This involves editing and proofreading the text, also ensuring the translated work has been accurately translated into English and that the language is clear and appropriate. All work must be finished in accordance with the organisational work schedule
2. Edit and/or proofread the English content of the Center’s special publications, as well as documents needed for projects the Center undertakes. Ensure all work is finished in accordance with the organisational work schedule and the English language is correct and appropriate
3. Participate in projects and events organised by the Center and fulfill specific work assigned by the Center
1. Be willing to relocated to Beijing, China
2. Can speak and write English at an idiometic level
3. Be with at least 2 years’ experience drafting written documentation in a professional context
4. Familiar with and interested in Chinese culture, particularly Beijing’s culture; without anti-Chinese sentiments or behaviour
5. Those with majors in Chinese language and literature, or have been engaged in journalism for two years or above are preferred
6. Proficient in use of MS Office software, especially Word and PowerPoint
7. Professional integrity and devotion; teamwork and communication skills are a must;
8. Ability to cope with pressure; adaptable and a fast learner
9. Those who can work full-time and are willing to work overtime when needed are preferred
Translation and Localization, Writing and Editing
Beijing Foreign Cultural Exchanges Center
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Other
Beijing Foreign Cultural Exchanges Center is also known as Beijing This Month Publications (BTMP). It is an organisation of the Publicity Department of the Beijing Municipality. It produces a weekly paper magazine entitled Beijing as well as many other publications promoting Chinese culture. It also provides services concerning photo exhibitions and cultural activities. It served the media centre of the first and second Belt and Road forum for International Cooperation and the 2018 Beijing Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation.
The “Colourful World—Cultural Exhibition of Countries along the Belt and Road” event which was initiated in 2016 by BTMP has helped about more than 50 countries showcase their cultures and specialties.
BTMP organises the “Foreign Photographers Focus on Beijing” event every year. More than 130 photographers from more than 40 countries have come to shoot Beijing from 1999. Photos taken during the activity have been mounted internationally through “Charming Beijing” Photo Exhibitions, including in the United States, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Italy, Netherland, South Africa, Greece, Russia, Japan and Korea among other countries.
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: Bldg. 10, Fahuananli, Tiyuguan Lu, Dongcheng District, Beijing