The Thomas International School Program, modeled after and in cooperation with the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, is looking for qualified college counselors. Our schools in Jinan, Hefei, and Shanghai seek experienced professionals for the coming 2019-2020 academic year.
Ambright Education Group has abundant resources and experience in the overseas education consulting sector in both China and America, and shifted its strategic focus on leveraging the existent advantages to broaden business in this emerging industry. We seek global talents to carry out the noble cause-to help Chinese high school students realize their dreams.
• Evaluate mentee's academic aptitude.
• Help the mentee choose a suitable academic path or feasible research topic.
• Answer the mentee's academic questions or provide the sources from which the mentee could find the answer him/herself.
• Teach the mentee how to write a formal paper and suggest where the author should contribute.
• Introduce the work in the laboratory and introduce the frontiers of scientific development, if asked. (only to STEM mentee)
• Introduce the industrial background and career development.
• Introduce university life in the U.S.
• Build up a mutually trusting relationship and respect each other's privacy.
• Give an email feedback to us, and to the mentee after the conversation.
The Areas of Mentoring:
SCIENCE & ENGINEERING:
• Master / PhD
• Electrical Engineering
• Computer Science
• Mechanical Engineering
• Physics (Astrophysics)
• Civil Engineering
• Materials Science and Engineering
• Geographic Information System, GIS
• Chemical Engineering
• Earth Science
• Biological Engineering
• Environmental Science
• Environmental Engineering
• Industrial Engineering
• Public Health
• Information System Management
SOCIAL SCIENCE & ARTS:
• Media & Journalism
• Public Relations/Social Work/MPP/MPA
• East Asian Culture/Western Culture
• Design (Urban Design/Graphic Design/Garden Design/Industrial Design/Interior Design/Fashion Design/Jewelry Design/Interaction Design)
• Music (Voice/Composition/Piano/Violin/Orchestral Music/Music Therapy/Music Education)
• Arts Management
• Minimum undergraduate degree in science, engineering, business or the arts.
Premium Mentor's specific requirements: A degree from a Top 10 university of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges Ranking or Top 10 Best Graduate Schools.
• A deep understanding of a particular field (i.e Computer Science, Finance, or Industrial Design).
• Good communication skills.
• Compassion/understanding listening skills.
• Sincere desire to build constructive, positive relationships between Mentor and Mentee.
• Respect mentees, regardless of different educational, economic and racial backgrounds.
• TA or RA experiences (preferred).
• Internship or work experience in the relevant field (preferred).
• Ability to speak some Chinese (preferred).
• Be able to work night shift due to time differences (preferred).
Ambright Education Group
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Ambright Education Group is very proud to be one of the first two institutions that introduced United States Advanced Placement (AP) courses to China in 2008. Currently, the Ambright Education Group has established 11 American High School Programs (AHSP) with local elite high schools in Eastern and Central China.
In addition, Ambright Education Group also established three international schools in 2018.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 15F, 336 Middle Xizang Road, Shanghai, China