1. Events management (60%)
• Actively work towards a standard that further establishes IWA as the leading organizer of high quality water events with the attendance of the leading water and related sector professionals;
• Implement the IWA Events strategy with members and partners and in close cooperation with all staff at global and regional levels;
• Plan and organize logistically successful events using a range planning tools and other means (ie. production schedules, timelines, event specs etc);
• Prepare pre and post event reports, analyze event planning and operations and prepare and implement recommendations for improving event organisation;
• Support the improvement of the existing events portfolio and the expansion of the portfolio in a systematic and sustainable manner.
• Coordinate and manage events including all aspects of on-site event management;
• Develop and execute event production timelines and plans for event staffing incl. coordination of travel and accommodation;
• Develop event documentation required for each event (ie. event details, work orders, briefing notes etc.);
• Identify, secure bids, negotiate with and contract event vendors and suppliers;
• Be the main liaison point with third party suppliers (PCO companies, hotels, venues, material suppliers);
• Manage and maintain all equipment/supply for events (incl. storage, inventories, transportation, purchases);
• Prepare status reports on IWA event organization.
3. Financial resources mobilisation and management (30%)
• Develop, manage and control event budgets, income and expenditures within agreed upon budget terms;
• Mobilize financial and human resources for IWA Events from sponsors, partners, donors, exhibitors etc.;
• Assist with acquiring in-kind donations for the events that will have a direct impact on the bottom-line.
4. Administration (10%)
• Carry out administrative duties required to function within the IWA Secretariat;
• Develop and use annual work plans to guide work and deliver results;
• Contribute to the team spirit and excellent ambiance in the IWA Secretariat and in working with members and partners;
• Performing other event related duties as assigned by management.
The above job description contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position. However, in a small organization such as IWA, staff members are expected to show flexibility in their approach to work and be willing to undertake other tasks and missions that are reasonably allocated to them but which are not part of their regular job description. Where any task becomes a regular part of an employee's responsibilities, the job description will be changed in consultation with the employee and the IWA Global Events & Awards Director.
International Water Association
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Non-ProfitOrganizations
The International Water Association (IWA) is a global network of water professionals bringing people and institutions together from across the water cycle to deliver equitable and sustainable water solutions for our world. The IWA aims to connect people with a diversity of backgrounds to generate innovative solutions and new opportunities to tackle urban and basin-related water challenges.
Each year IWA organises and supports many specialised conferences and seminars on a wide variety of topics in water management in locations all over the world. The physical location of these conferences demonstrates the truly international nature and global reach of IWA. Furthermore, the conference programme reinforces the name and brand of IWA and provides exposure to non-IWA members.
On average 35 conferences are organised per year. Some are fully managed and organised from the IWA office, some are fully organised by our members (Specialist Groups), and others in partnership (with responsibility shared between IWA office and our members).
Under the general supervision of the IWA Global Events & Awards Director, the IWA Global Events Manager - Logistics is responsible for all aspects of planning and executing of the international events of The International Water Association. The principal duties of this position include: 1) Events management, 2) mobilizing and managing financial resources for IWA events; 3) carrying out administrative duties as required.
In order to serve our members and partners from China, Asia and the globe better, IWA established a new Global Operation Hub in Nanjing, China in 2018. In turn, IWA has registered a new entity “Nanjing IWA Science & Technology Co., Ltd.” to undertake businesses of the new Global Operation Hub. By building units for event, incubation, learn and intelligence, IWA new Hub in Nanjing will accelerate innovation in the water sector and pragmatically reach water security and sustainability.
- Current Location: Nanjing China