Athena Academic English
Athena Academic English is dedicated to enhancing the ability of students 4-15 years old to use academic English in an international environment, especially the ability to read and write. Athena Academic English is devoted to building a personalized K-12 international education journey for Chinese students and advocates for them to develop the skills of “Learning to Learn, Learning to Think.”
Athena Academic English’s course framework is independently researched and developed based on the needs of Chinese students and is benchmarked to the US Common Core State Standards. All teachers with Athena Academic English are native English speakers who are dedicated to the goal of improving their students’ ability to use academic English through Athena Academic English’s guided reading and writing programs with a small class size of 8-12 students.
Currently, Athena Academic English has 9 centers in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, and Ningbo.
• Working Hours: 40 working hours based on 5 days/week, 8 hours/day. (2 days off during weekdays)
• Teaching Hours: Up to 100 hours per month (with no more than 25 hours per week). During peak seasons (July and/or August, January and/or February) there may be 20% raise in teaching hours according to center needs.
• Length of Contract: Preferably two-year renewable contract with two months probationary period. Salary raise for second-year is based on the first-year performance and evaluation.
• Class Size: 4-12 students
• Student Age: Kindergarten, Primary, Middle and High school
Compensation and Benefits
• Base Salary:22,000-23,000RMB/month for Head English Teacher, negotiable according to teaching experience.
• Housing Allowance
• Annual bonus
• Work visa sponsorship
• Top level global medical insurance
• Airfare allowance
• Paid holidays
• Paid Sick Leave days
• Annual Health Check
• Arrival Assistance (such as airport pickup and apartment search)
• Holiday Benefits
• Free accommodations upon first arrival
• TEFL (if needed)
• Native English Language speaker
• BA degree or above
• 120 hour TEFL preferred
• At least 3 year teaching experience
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Athena Academy is the subsidiary of Elite K-12 International Education Group. We adopt the US Common Core Standard and the teaching methodologies of Project-based Learning (PBL) in designing our programs. Our aim is to provide our students opportunities in not only learning Academic English, but also acquiring the soft-skills of critical thinking, collaboration, communication, problem solving and creativity, which will enable them to adapt and enhance their own capacity in this constantly changing 21st century.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: No.200 West Yan'an Road, Shanghai, China