The primary responsibility of a front desk officer is to greet patients and promptly register them for their doctor’s appointment. While many patients have already made appointments, some patients will be walk-ins, so you need to be able to work with the Clinic Management System, and arrange for the patients an appointment time to see a doctor.
Beyond those front desk duties, officers are customer service professionals. You are expected to know the various medical services and the list of doctors available at GHC in order to be able to provide professional advice to patients making enquiries.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Provide a warm and courteous welcome to all patients entering GHC. Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanour at all times.
2. Project a professional image as a front desk officer including maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of the front desk area (no food and snacks), no excessive use of smart phone for personal reasons, no public discussions of patent’s conditions, and no loud communications between colleagues.
3. To strictly allocate patients to doctors according to the company’s patient scheduling protocol.
4. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding clinic information and services, doctor’s availability in Puxi and Pudong clinic as well as patient’s requests for medical services.
5. To promptly register and prepare patient’s chart for doctor’s consultation, ensuring that patient’s waiting time is less than 10 mins at the waiting area, and to take the initiative to explain to patients if waiting time is longer than 10 mins
Global Health Care
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Medical Care/Healthcare/Public Health
GHC is one of the earliest foreign-owned and managed healthcare companies to set foot in China. Established in Shanghai since 2005, GHC is premier one stop medical centre offering a range of comprehensive medical services including General Practice/Family Medicine, Specialist Services, Health Screening, Dental Services as well as in-house Radiology and Laboratory services.
GHC has two medical centres conveniently located in the heart of Shanghai city near Jing’an Temple along Nanjing Road, and in the Shanghai World Financial Centre in Pudong’s Lujiazui financial district. Passionately committed to providing the highest quality patient care and service to the expatriate and local community in Shanghai, GHC’s medical centres are opened every day of the year including weekends and public holidays
GHC is also on the medical panel of many established insurance companies with direct billing facilities offering hassle free billing experiences for GHC’s patients.
- Current Location: Shanghai China