Start Date: ASAP
Summary: International High School ESL Teacher to instruct English literature and oral
English class. Teacher instructs students by performing the duties listed below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including the following, but not limited to:
1. Assume teacher responsibilities including classroom instruction, homeroom mentor, product team adviser, co-curricular sponsor, and curriculum development.
2. Work school calendar of 190-200 student days, longer school day of 8:00 a.m. – 17:30 p.m. 24-26 classes/week. (Exact days of school should be in accordance with the school calendar.)
3. Weekly classroom instructional period will be approximately 40-50 minutes per period.
4. Support enrichment programs.
5. Participate in required teacher training.
6. Develop school curriculum and start-up components.
7. Support an international focus across the curriculum, cross-disciplinary planning and inquiry based learning within a block schedule.
8. Meet instructional and compliance requirements of the Sino-U.S. International High School program.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
1. Valid secondary teaching certificate preferred with necessary endorsements or English as a second language teaching certificate;
2. Major in teaching area required;
3. Secondary Teaching Experience preferred.
4. Non-Criminal Record: no criminal records disclosed
5. Education: Bachelor degree holders or above-level degrees
6. Language Skills: Highly proficient in written and verbal communication with a particular emphasis on subject area, specific competencies and emphatic communications. ESL training and/or interest in teaching non-native English speaking students
7. Technical skills: Ability to use computer technology for research, data management, communications and other instruction.
8. Reasoning Ability: Highly proficient in subject areas of: reasoning, problem solving, organizational dynamics and emotional intelligence.
9. Physical Demands: Capability to perform duties normally associated with secondary teaching. Medical Check-up required by Chinese government should be satisfied according to relevant procedures.
10. Work Environment: School building consisting of office space, classrooms and specialty facilities.
11. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary: ￥12000-￥25000 to be determined by placement on School salary scale (Depends on cities and locations)
1. Meal Allowance: The employee is eligible for meal allowance every working day
2. Holiday Allowance: Employees may enjoy holiday allowance according to the school’s policy. Normally the holidays refer to Labor Holiday, National Holiday, New Year Holiday, and Chinese Spring Festival.
3. Preferential Policy of Teachers’ Children Entering School: The school will provide tuition-discount enrollment into the school for dependents of one teacher or teaching family according to the school policy.
4. Air tickets Allowance: If an employee fulfills the contract, upon the expiration of contract, he/she will get air ticket reimbursement once a year with one round-trip or two single-trip international air tickets (economy class--utilizing the most direct route) between working location and her/his home country to an amount not exceeding RMB 10, 000.
5. Housing Allowance: The employees will be entitled to a housing budget and utilities reimbursement.
6. Visa Fee: The school will reimburse up to RMB 2,000 in total for the visa issuing fee occurred home and abroad.
7. Commercial Insurance: The employee is eligible for commercial insurance including medical insurance, life insurance or social insurance according to related stipulations of the state, province and municipality.
8. Annual Physical Examination: Normally the school will provide annual physical examination free of charge for employees.
Teachers will enjoy fully paid public holidays regulated by the government and school and partially paid summer & winter holiday covered in the contract period according to the school’s compensation policy.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Agent
- Industry type: Professional Services(Consulting/HR/Finance/Accounting)
As every building requires a Cornerstone, we believe the Cornerstone of every great company is the people. Companies in China consistently cite their limitations to growth lies in their ability to attract and retain talent. Cornerstone Global Partners (CGP) was established by a group of senior recruitment executives and consultants, based in China, that wanted to provide market leading solutions to China’s talent shortage
CGP is a China centric recruitment solutions firm with a global reach through offices in Greater China and 60 network offices around the globe. CGP provides multi-national clients entering or expanding operations in China and Chinese companies going outbound with a range of talent acquisition and talent management solutions. These services include traditional C-level to mid-level executive search, market entry/ outbound investment consultancy and organizational design solutions through their industry specialized Partners and Consultants
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 上海市黄浦区西藏中路268号来福士办公楼1105室 200001