Provide leadership for manufacturing engineering department, evaluate production performance and efficiency, ensure that process flow, manufacturing methods, tools, fixtures and equipment utilization are cost competitive and sustainable, reduce lead times and achieve quality requirements across product lines. Oversee implementation of work instruction and proper manufacturing processes.
WI and workmanship standards
* Setup working instruction for new products, lead new product production pilot run and give modification suggestion and request to NPI team. Provide trainings to production with each specific manufacturing step.
* Modify current work instructions so that they clearly describe efficient processes and the required methods of operations.
* Develop and set visual workmanship standards and key procedures
* Coordinate with production and quality departments to implement standard work instructions, processes and procedures to insure absolute best quality product is produced.
Tooling and facility layout
* Design and develop tools and fixtures required to perform processes of new and existing products. Research tooling and equipment to enhance production capabilities and cost down of production.
* Provide technical support for vendor tooling and Interact with vendors to procure tools and equipment.
* Optimize workshop and facilities layout. If necessary, restructure job duties, reorganize workflow, relocate workstations to improve worker efficiency and reduce waste of materials and utilities.
Production Engineering Trouble shooting
* Interface with engineers to find solutions for production engineering problems. Perform cause analysis and implement corrective action for non-conforming parts, dispositions and assemblies.
* Assign task, responsibilities and work to subordinates.
* Supervise and train subordinates. Manage, mentor and coach them to develop their skills and abilities for team effectiveness.
* Evaluates subordinates’ performance, recommend wage adjustments, discipline and terminations.
* Coordinate communication and cooperation with other departments within the company.
* Any other tasks assigned by superior
Astera LED Technology
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Electronics/Semiconductor/IC
Astera LED Technology was founded in Germany in 2007. Astera’s core engineers and management have been operating in the LED field since 2003 and have been working at the forefront of innovation ever since.
Astera is the leading manufacturer of wireless LED fixtures and controllers for event-lighting. In addition, the company has developed several outstanding LED lightsources and controllers for architectural lighting. Further more the company designs and manufactures LED lamps for other European companies.
Astera’s young and dynamic R&D team is specialized in developing embedded LED control systems and advanced LED lamps. With an outstanding R&D and support of experienced management Astera is constantly asserting on all markets that are sensitive to innovations of the LED lighting business.
Based on the global network of partners and suppliers, Astera pulls together the competences for helping customers to find the optimal LED-solutions for their specific needs. The company is co-working with experienced and reliable companies in the LED business which are involved in the latest technologies world-wide. Astera is providing its customers with LED controllers for various interfaces like DMX-512, wireless radio-control and Ethernet.
For special needs and exclusive projects Astera is developing customized or completely new LED solutions. With a team of dedicated engineers and a work station and quality control management in South China
- Current Location: Shenzhen China
- Address: Shenzhen,China