ABOUT BRIGHT SCHOLAR:
Bright Scholar Education Group is a NYSE-listed education company based in Foshan, Guangdong, China. Bright Scholar provides K-12 education and after-hours education, currently operating 6 international schools, 16 bilingual schools, 38 kindergartens and 16 Elan Schools. These schools are located across 10 Chinese provinces (Guangdong, Hunan, Hubei, Guizhou, Jiangsu, Shandong, Anhui, Hebei, Gansu and Hainan) and the 2 municipalities of Beijing and Shanghai. Bright Scholar international schools offer numerous international curricula including IB (PYP, MYP and DP), Cambridge IGCSE and A-Levels, AP Program, and International Foundation Programs. Bright Scholar recruits international teachers for a multitude of interdisciplinary positions and varying grade levels across the country.
EMPLOYMENT COMMENCEMENT DATES
(Detailed openings are not yet confirmed. Please contact the International Talents team for further enquiries)
• February 2020 (minor intake)
• August/September 2020 (major intake)
• Year-round recruitment for after-hours education positions (Beijing/Shanghai/Shenzhen)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
(Salaries and benefit packages are subject to individual school pay scales, which take into account relevant experience and qualifications)
• Paid working permit and medical check-up fees
• Accommodation: furnished apartment or housing allowance
• Flight reimbursement: 6,000-12,000RMB (school determinant)
• Paid meals or food allowance
• Medical and accident insurance
• Paid summer and/-or winter holidays
• Paid national holidays
• Airport pickup + relocation assistance
• English teaching basic salary range: 12,000-25,000 RMB/month
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• 22-60 years of age
• Bachelor’s degree or higher (Education preferred)
• TEFL/TESOL certification minimum (CELTA/DELTA/PGCE/QTS preferred)
• Have an understanding and ability to teach pupils of differing competencies
• Previous experience in an international school preferred
• Must be able to obtain a cleared background check
• English teaching positions require citizens of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa for visa purposes
• Subject teaching positions require candidates with relevant teaching background in selected subject matter, with IGCSE, A-level and/-or IB teaching experience preferred
CORE PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the classroom is well-organized for purposeful activity throughout the day.
• Implement and model high standards of work practice and review, critically reflecting, and evaluating own practice.
• Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning.
• Establish clear instructional objectives, making use of core teaching resources and supplementary materials.
• Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards.
• Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture.
• Participate in a culture of professional learning.
• Work cooperatively with fellow-staff members and administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs.
• Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
• Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and professional development activities as assigned or recommended.
• Contribute to extracurricular activities on a regular basis.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Bright Scholar Education Group is a NYSE-listed education company based in Foshan, Guangdong, China. Bright Scholar currently operates 6 international schools, 16 bilingual schools, 38 kindergartens and 16 Elan Schools. These schools are located across 10 Chinese provinces (Guangdong, Hunan, Hubei, Guizhou, Jiangsu, Shandong, Anhui, Hebei, Gansu and Hainan) and the 2 municipalities of Beijing and Shanghai.
Bright Scholar has spent the past 20 years creating a unique premium brand within the Chinese education industry. It has the privilege of operating one of the oldest international schools in China. Bright Scholar has been leading the Chinese international education industry from all sectors and has set various examples and industrial benchmarks through its history.
Bright Scholar has accumulated a cohort of highly trained and experienced domestic and international talents whose aim is to educate the future leaders of the world as well as the future backbone of Chinese society.
Bright Scholar, Bright Future.
1994 - The first school was established in Shunde, Guangdong
1998 - 100% university enrollment rate for the first batch of graduates
2001 - The first official authorization for DP and MYP curriculum teaching qualification by the International Baccalaureate (IB)
2001 - The first Guangzhou branch school was built
2007 - First official authorization of A-Level and IGCSE teaching qualification by Cambridge International Examination Committee (CIE)
2011 - The first official authorization for PYP curriculum teaching qualification by IB
2014 - Country Garden Education Group was founded
2014 - Guangdong Country Garden Polytechnic was established as the first charitable college in China. The 2017 graduate employment rate was 99.66%
2016 - Through a strategic cooperation relationship with CIE, Country Garden Education Group became registered as a Cambridge associate
2017 - Bright Scholar was officially renamed and listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: BEDU), which witnessed the largest IPO for a Chinese education group listed in the United States
2017 - Bright Scholar signed with Fettes College to build a premium-quality British boarding school in China
2017 - Bright Scholar established scholarship programs with Columbia University and the University of California, Berkeley
- Current Location: Foshan China
- Address: Country Garden Headquarters, Beijiao Town, Shunde District, Foshan, Guangdong, PRC