TopSchools is looking for several Kindergarten, Nursery, and Play-and-Learn teachers on behalf of a newly founded international/bilingual school in Changsha, China. All the positions will start ASAP or in March / April 2020. There are many benefits of teaching in China. Beside the competitive salary and benefit package, you get to experience a unique culture where modern meets tradition. Unlike the teaching English abroad opportunities many are familiar with, working at Chinese international/ bilingual schools is different. Besides the full teaching experience as a Homeroom Teacher, you get additional help from an English-speaking Chinese co-teacher who helps you manage the classroom and parent teacher communications. Such an experience is rewarding not only financially. It is also a career and resume boost as you work with and learn from outstanding teachers from around the world about best practices in education.
Thinking of applying but are afraid of language barriers? Not only is the working language at International/bilingual schools is English, but there is also an expat community (people, food, shops and more) in most modern Chinese cities where these schools are located. Not to mention many young Chinese people can now communicate well in English. Rarely would you feel not speaking Chinese is an issue.
• Deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experiences for their class(es); • Ensure student progress is accurately monitored and recorded;
• Deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for all students in their care;
• Value the home-school partnership and engage with parents; • Ensure excellent pastoral care;
• Contribute to the co-curricular program and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner;
• Maintain high standards of professionalism; • Be prepared to go the “extra mile”. Requirements:
• Current, valid state teaching certification; or a Bachelor and/or Master in Education (early childhood degree preferred but not required);
• Candidates who are experienced teachers with no such degree or credential mentioned above must complete a TEFL/TESOL certificate before visa application;
• Experience and/or with children in a classroom setting;
• Working knowledge of EYFS is preferred;
• High levels of subject knowledge;
• Experience working with children who have English as a Second Language is desirable.
• Monthly salary of 15,000RMB – 22, 000RMB pre-tax contingent on role, qualifications, and experience;
• Fully furnished single, or family accommodation provided;
• Free tuition discount benefit for employee’s children at the Xiangfu Campus (A deposit of 10,000RMB is required, and will be refunded after the completion of the first year of employment);
• Start and end of contract flights for employee refunded after completion of a 1-year contract;
• Private medical insurance for employee provided;
• Annual performance bonus up to 5% of one year’s salary;
• Contract renewal bonus up to 5% of one year’s salary;
• Visa and legal documents sponsorship for employee and immediate family members;
• 20 days of paid vacation in addition to all Chinese National Holidays (1 week Christmas Holiday, 1week Summer Holiday, and 10 days of flexible leave).
About the School:
The school is a mixed-age international nursery, kindergarten and Play-and- Learn Center that caters for children from 0-6 years old. It aims to provide an immersive English learning environment, a solid foundation in early childhood social emotional learning, and a safe space for children entrusted by parents. Referenced with the British EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stages) standards and guided by the Chinese Statements on Early Years education, its curriculum demonstrates best practices of western pedagogies and philosophies. Children not only grow academically at the school, but also learn to express their ideas and interests, and begin to form a lifelong love for learning.
The school is founded under an Education Group in Hunan, who endeavors to build an eco-system for learning which covers play-and-learn center, nursery, K-12, professional education, learning institutions, and extended business units for teacher training and parenting workshops.
Working and Living in Changsha:
Located in the southern part of China, Changsha is the capital city of Hunan Province, a highly developed city that offers a multitude of attractions and unique traditions to experience. Whether you are into history, nature, shopping or especially food, Changsha has something to offer. Both Orange Island and Mount Yuelu Park are great places for sightseeing while learning some history through visiting museums and historical landmarks. Well-known for its spicy flavor, Hunan cuisine is one of the eight distinct cuisines in China, and it’s home to the notorious local treat stinky tofu! Transportation is quite developed in Changsha, so you don’t need to worry about getting around in or out of the city. The Changsha Huanghua international airport offers flights to most Chinese major cities as well as various international locations. There are also high-speed bullet trains and long distance buses available if you’d like to travel around China in your spare time. Changsha is also an international metropolis that offers everything from international restaurants to a variety of pubs and bars. Whether you are looking for something exotic and unique, or simply a reliable, safe, and well- developed new home, Changsha is a great choice!
If you are interested, please send the CV to the attached email address.
Many thanks for your time.
4F, YinFeng Building, Haidian District, Beijing