1.Teaching reading lesson
2. Organise resources for effective retrieval via the online catalogue, according to set library policies; promoting its use throughout the school.
3. Maintenance of essential clerical routines in the Library, including an annual inventory, overdue notices, circulation of library resources, re-shelving books, maintenance and repair of resources, etc., according to library policies.
4. Maintain and publish relevant statistics on stock and library use
5. Provision of resources and support to teaching staff, students and parents, including planning and implementing library-based lessons.
6. Promotion of library resources and reading in general through displays and events (e.g. author visits, book talks, reviews, Book Week activities, story readings, Library website, competitions) and the production of recommended reading lists
7. Design and develop the Library space, so as to make optimal use of the space available, including lay-out, furniture, shelving needs, etcetera.
8. Design and deliver a comprehensive information skills programme in collaboration with teachers.
9.Maintain a close knowledge of the School curriculum, including attendance at all curriculum meetings.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area
2. At least three years experience working in a school library, preferably in a management position
3. Preferably experience working in an international school environment
4. Fluent in English.
5.Experienced school librarian.
6. Excellent IT skills, and knowledge of how to apply them in a school environment
7. Confidence in working with a rich cultural mix of students and teachers.
Overseas Chinese Academy Suzhou
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Overseas Chinese Academy Suzhou (OCAS) is co-founded by Chiway Education Group and China-Singapore Suzhou Industrial Park Development Co. Ltd. (CSSD) to meet the international education needs of the children of overseas returnees, with the substantial support of the Suzhou Industrial Park Administrative Committee. OCAS is the first international school catering for the children of overseas Chinese who return to China as well as Chinese students who are seeking international education.
OCAS provides 15 years of continuous K-12 dual-language education, emphasizing the development of both Chinese and English as students'mother tongues. Within the framework of the IB curriculum, on the basis of the Chinese national curriculum, and characterized by American innovative curricula, the OCAS curriculum fosters proactive and balanced lifelong learners. OCAS is committed to developing students'potential in creativity, innovation and originality and enabling them to deal with the international problems of the 21st century in cooperation with young people from other countries.
- Current Location: Suzhou China