A famed international school in chaoyang district of Beijing is Seeking for professional homeroom teachers ( K 9 to G 6 ) for Aug 2020 start .
- Our school is a progressive private school that is dedicated to implementing innovative education practices such as Project-Based Learning (PBL) and STEAM. This educational concept brings Chinese and foreign teachers together for close collaboration and innovation in education. We have received strong support from the Chinese Ministry of Education for being a prototype of a future school in implementing project-based learning in elementary grades (K-6). At our school, teachers are supported in their innovations through a teacher-cantered school model, which provides them with an expansive network of support and resources internally and from across the world.
- English Teachers will share responsibility with a team comprised of a Chinese teacher, a Math teacher and a teaching assistant in providing care for one class. English teachers are responsible for collaborating with the English team in designing and implementing innovative curriculum in language acquisition with a strong emphasis on literacy. In addition to this, English teachers will be expected to design and implement collaborative PBL projects. Prospective teachers should be creative, a strong communicator, culturally sensitive, an advocate of one’s pedagogical practices, open to new ideas, a risk taker, and a lifelong learner.
Location: Beijing, Chaoyang District
• Nationality: No Nationality Requirements, but applicants must be native English speakers
• Age: Under 45 years of age.
• Degree: Bachelor degree or higher with a major in language, literature or education preferred.
• Experience: At least 3 years teaching experience in a primary school (or children's education institutions).
• Preferred: Experience with Student-Cantered Learning (SCL), Project-Based Learning (PBL), IB, and/or Science Technology Engineering Art and Mathematics (STEAM) curriculum design.
Responsibilities and other Details:
• Student age range: 5-12 years old; Kindergarten to Grade 6.
• English teachers typically teach one or two different grades at the most.
• Class size: Up to 22 students.
• Contact Hours: Teachers are generally required to teach between 18-22 class hours per week. Each teaching period is 45 minutes.
• Working Days and Hours: School hours are 7:30 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, but working hours vary according to teaching schedules. The typical schedule for a foreign teacher is from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Curriculum: our school has its own unique curriculum based on Common Core Standards and taught through Project-Based Learning (PBL). We are a member of the IPC (International Primary Curriculum) Community, which allows us to collaborate with other IPC schools around the world. Each semester students will take a MAP Growth test to assess their literacy level.
• On-board and ongoing training in our school’s pedagogical practices are provided as part of our teacher-centred school model.
• Be responsible for curriculum design and development as well as conducting, organizing and implementing teaching activities including main subject (English) and interdisciplinary curriculum.
• Guide Teaching Assistants on preparation of teaching materials and aids.
• Actively participate in research-based discussions on progressive pedagogical practices.
• Be an advocate of pedagogical practices – occasionally deliver workshops for co-workers, parents, and members of the school’s network.
• Be responsible for the class order maintenance and childcare during non-teaching time activities include but not limited to morning session, class discussions, snack breaks, field trips and recess.
• Be responsible for recording and presenting student learning and behaviour through our App.
• Conduct actively school-parent communication, organize regular parents interviews with class teaching team and give timely feedback about the development of students in school.
• Positively guide students’ emotions and behaviours during school time, and cooperate with the team on dealing with emergency situations.
Benefits will include:
Net Monthly Income Total: USD 3815 - 4928 (RMB 24000-31000) *
• Base Salary: USD 3180 – 3815 (RMB 20000-24000) *
• Housing: Monthly stipend USD 635-1112 (RMB 4000-7000)*.
• Medical Insurance
• Home visit Reimbursement: Home visit reimbursement for up to twice /year and USD 2384/year (RMB 15000/year).
• Public Holiday: 19 Public holidays off annually.
• Annual Paid Holiday: summer and winter holidays.
• Sick Leave: 5 days full pay sick leave per year.
• Pay Day: 5th of each month.
Start date : August 2020
Xudashan Consulting Co.ltd
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Agent
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
We are recruiting native English speaker teachers for more than 200 schools in 51 cities around China ,we have been in the recruiting business for 11 years .
- Current Location: Other cities China
- Address: No,30 Wuyachang ,Suzhou,China