1. Is the direct supervisor of all faculty and staff within the department;
2. Conducts department meetings when indicated on the master schedule, and at other times as necessary;
3. Supervises the revising, updating and completing of all components of the department handbook, and ensures that all department members are familiar with its contents and abide by its policies;
4. Attends all meetings of the Academic Council, presents departmental concerns, suggestions, and proposals to that group, and relays pertinent information back to department members;
5. Fosters interdisciplinary cooperation with other departments;
6. Reviews the textbooks used in departmental courses and finalizes departmental textbook choices in consultation with the Academic Vice-Principal;
7. Coordinates with Human Resources in the initial screening of candidates for faculty positions in the department, and participates in the subsequent interview process;
8. Supervises both new and returning members of the department, offering content-area expertise and support, including informal classroom visits, and provides input to the administration in the formative development of faculty;
9. Prepares and administers the departmental budget;
10. Makes teaching assignments for departmental courses in consultation with the Academic Vice-Principal;
Vermont International Academy
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
VIA (Vermont International Academy) was founded in June 2011 as an independent, private, college preparatory American high school. It was the first US school that was approved by the state government of Vermont in the US for overseas education and with authority to grant US high school diplomas.
VIA is in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Kunshan, Xiamen, and Wuxi. Some campuses are operated within local-partner host school campuses utilizing VIA curriculum and with VIA faculty leading the learning. VIA cooperates with the host schools to utilize local buildings, facilities, and other academic resources that are required for a full educational experience. Some campuses are stand-alone campuses where all aspects of the school are wholly owned by VIA. Recently, VIA has been accredited by AdvancED for the entire system of schools, which will mean that each campus is fully accredited and can offer an accredited and authentic American diploma. The curriculum and academic experience are designed to ensure that international students are well prepared for American higher education.
For the past four years, the majority VIA students have been able to access some of the best colleges and universities in the United States. Foundational to a VIA education, students are required to demonstrate capacity in writing, critical thinking, reasoning, reflection, and other outcomes of the Humanities. In combination with subject areas in Math and Science, graduates are fully prepared for the rigor and learning environments of the American higher education system, and embrace the role of classroom engagement, faculty and student mentorship, civic responsibility and the importance of written communication.
Vermont International Academy faculty and staff are committed to the needs of every student as individual learners and have created environments from which students can develop their intellectual talents and express their individual ideas and thoughts.
- Current Location: Guangzhou China
- Address: building 5,Loteam Cloud valley,230 shinan road.Nansha Dist ,Guangzhou