Working in partnership with the Principle, and all staff to ensure –
Teaching and Learning
- Be a pedagogical leader of the School; lead, coordinate and review the development and implementation of the school curriculum, including resourcing, professional development, curriculum planning, best practice, learning, assessment and reporting.
- Have a thorough understanding of the purpose and aims of the School’s curriculum, and ensure this is communicated effectively to all staff.
- To foster a passion for learning, an excellent work ethic, and a culture of high expectations in which both staff and students are driven to fulfill their potential.
- To oversee curriculum development, lesson planning and schemes of work
- To monitor and evaluate curriculum provision, and liaise with subject teachers, as appropriate, to implement departmental action plans.
- To ensure a personalized approach to learning is adopted throughout the School.
- To liaise with the ESL department regarding the development and collation of Individual Education Plans for students.
- To develop the best combination of International and Chinese approaches to deliver a personalized bi-lingual curriculum.
- To ensure that technology is used effectively to support learning.
- To ensure a consistent and high-quality approach to assessment and reporting.
Communication and Co-operation
- To work co-operatively and supportively with all staff.
- To develop a collaborative and supportive culture amongst all staff, in which information, ideas and resources are shared between colleagues.
- To take on direct line management responsibility for teaching staff as directed by the Principal.
- Carry out staff appraisals and development in line with School policy.
- To ensure that each classroom is an attractive orderly place where equipment and resources are well managed.
- To co-ordinate staff cover and liaise with office staff regarding staff absences.
- To identify opportunities for staff CPD and to ensure a strong professional development framework is in place.
- To assist the Leadership Team in the strategic vision for the School.
- To assist the Principal in the smooth day-to-day operation of the School.
- To lead on data management functions associated with Teaching and Learning (including, but not limited to, assessment data, student progress data and teacher performance data).
- To oversee various administrative functions associated with classroom management e.g. attendance registers, homework diaries and improvement of students’ behavior.
- To participate in leadership, department and parent meetings.
- To play a full part in the corporate life of the School and support the School’s image in the community.
- To attend meetings and undertake duties as reasonably requested by the Principal.
- Support the marketing team at open days and other events to promote the school and recruit students.
Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum of two years’ relevant leadership experience (required). At least three years of relevant teaching experience (required).
- Excellent working knowledge of the UK National Curriculum - knowledge of IGCSE & A-level curriculum and assessment (required).
- High levels of subject knowledge (required).
- Experience of working with students who have English as a Second Language (desirable).
- Experience working in the independent sector and/or in a bilingual school (desirable).
- Hold a relevant degree from an established university.
- PGCE or QTS
- Proven leadership qualities, with ability to command respect from students, staff and parents alike.
- Excellent administrative and organizational abilities.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to understand the needs, challenges and opportunities of an international school community.
- Ability to stretch the most able, whilst also ensuring the curriculum is accessible to all.
- Ability to inspire students with a love of learning.
- Willingness to contribute to all aspects of school life.
- Strong personal-relations and team-working skills.
- Ability to use ICT to enhance learning.
- Energy, charisma and dynamism with the vision and drive to create productive learning environments and excellent outcomes for all learners.
- Rigorous can-do attitude, positive, flexible team player with a sense of humor.
1. Additional housing allowance;
2. Relocation reimbursement, including transportation and hotel fees;
3. Annual flight reimbursement;
4. Commercial medical insurance;
5. Work visa application and renewal by company;
6. Training opportunities.
Shanghai YiJin Education Group
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Shanghai YI JIN Education InformationConsultation Co., Ltd. was founded in 2009，which is one of thebiggest education group in Shanghai.
YIJIN provides high quality education courses and professional educationinformation consulting solutions to the users in Shanghai and the easternregion of China. Since its establishment, YI JIN has been adhering to the ideaof Study for Future, Teach for Knowledge, and committing to build theintegration of international education group.
To let users enjoy the experiencefor the purpose of high quality education course, YI JIN develops innovation,forges ahead, and renders the contribution for the progress and development ofChina's education industry as well as making the high quality internationaleducation take root in China.
Yijin Education Group brand including CAVC Shanghai and Changzhou Campus, Lucton Kindergarten Shanghai, Thetford PrepSchool Shanghai, LeaderKids NurseryInstitution, Further Education Group & Suctone IT Consultation branch.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 4-5F, Building No.6 ,Lane 200 YunXin Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China