MAIN PURPOSE: To assume responsibility for teaching ESL, EAP Writing, Critical Reading, and teaching various Academic Courses
Established in 2014, under the official approval of the local government Bureau of Education, Chengdu Summit International School (CDSIS) is the first boarding international school in Chengdu with an independent campus. Jointing various high-quality overseas resources, CDSIS provides high-quality education for Chinese students from grades 7-12.
The curriculum of CDSIS was established to meet entry-level requirements of overseas universities and to prepare students to meet the standards of the Chinese diploma courses, and to develop English practical language competence. General understanding of internationalization and preparedness is the central focus of our school.
Our school is seeking a fulltime Oral ESL, EAP writing, and Critical Reading instructor who is interested in teaching humanities and social science. We are looking for a motivated ESL teacher with a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the following fields: humanities, social sciences, management, and economics. Knowledge and interest in college counselling is a plus but not required for the roll.
This Position Is Ideal For:
This position is ideal for an instructor who is driven to develop as an educator and help students grow and reach their academic needs. An ideal candidate is an individual who is motivated to continue teaching ESL and develop as an international educator through teaching other academic subjects.
What We Offer
-Competitive salary based on qualifications and responsibilities
-Medical and accident insurance
-8,000 RMB annual Flight allowance to China at the start of the academic year and from China at the end of the academic year
-Z visa and resident permit
-Time off for Christmas Day, and all major Chinese holidays
What We Are Looking For
- English Native Speaker from U.S., U.K., AUS, NZ, CA
- B.A./B.S or higher in Humanities, Social Science, or other Subject Area
- Organized and committed to the role
- A commitment to contribute to the wider aspects of school life
- An effective team member
- Clear and confident communication skills, able to liaise at all levels and with all members of the school community
- The ability to adjust to a new cultural environment and show sensitivity to cultural differences
- Be resilient, able to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
-The ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people including students, parents, and colleagues
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated ESL curriculum for students
- Teach EAP, Critical Writing to students in Years 9 to 12 at CDSIS
- Teach a core subject such in Economics, Humanities, Social Science or other academic fields (depending on the interest and academic experience of the instructor).
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- Play a part in the broader school life through different extra-curricular activities and events.
Chengdu Summit International School
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Established in 2014, under the official approval of the local government Bureau of Education, Chengdu Summit International School (CDSIS) is the first boarding international school in Chengdu with its independent campus. Jointing various high quality overseas resources, CDSIS provides high quality education for Chinese student between grade 7-12.
The curriculum of CDSIS is profoundly established on the admission criteria in terms of overseas universities. Students need to well prepare to accomplish compulsory Chinese diploma courses, together with practical language competence. Moreover, the students will study essential courses to acquire indispensable skills for overseas adaptation and survival, thus their general understanding of internationalization will be promoted.
- Current Location: Chengdu China