Everyday Reading, founded in 2014, is a unique English school. On the weekend, we hold classes locally, at our own classrooms. We cooperate with public and private schools to teach during the workweek on their campuses.
What sets it apart is a focus on professionalism and literature, often lacking in competing institutes.
Class content is largely centered around literature. Teachers guide students in reading, and more importantly, understanding, a wide variety of books.
Students are taught reading strategies using carefully chosen passages of varying Lexile levels. Students learn how to use context clues.
In addition, students learn to express themselves through writing, starting with lessons on basic spelling and grammar, up to full academic style essays.
Curricula are never static. Teachers often improve old content, and develop new material for classes.
Students are taught to express themselves with confidence. The speaking components of classes use the reading as a starting point for conversations.
- Teach classes, following a provided curriculum. Training will be provided at the start.
- Just provide feedback; there is no need to create plans.
- Record students' performance in the class. We have a TA to track based on your feedback.
Extra help to struggling students
- We encourage teachers to give extra help to students who have difficulty with the material.
Teachers are expected to:
- Pass the Lexile test over 1300L+ for students K~G4 or 1500L+ for student G5+
- 22 hrs per week for teaching, 11 hrs per week for office
- Follow school guidelines and regulations
- Ensure that every student is succeeding to the best of their ability
- Report progress of student to parents and department head
- Report classroom progress to principal and vice principal
- Encourage students to practice English outside of the classroom
Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree (Education related preferred). Certified English teaching qualification (such as CELTA or TOEFL) are very preferable. High level interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to create personalized lesson plans is a benefit, but not required.
- Working visa and permition
- Listed salary is before taxes
- Health and accident insurance
- 4 weeks paid vaction in summer, and 1 week paid vacation in winter
- One time relocation bonus of 10,000 yuan
- 200 Yuan per hr for OT
Everyday Reading Research Center
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Our center is devoted to helping students, from 3 to 20 years old, learn practical, straightforward English reading skills. We believe that anyone can learn and use effective reading strategies to become a strong, confident reader. We provide English reading curricula for various schools and kindergartens. Our goal is to apply the research-based reading methods or strategies to life — to spread the word about values of everyday reading and to present "what works" in a way that parents and educators can understand and apply in their daily life.
- Current Location: Nanjing China
- Address: 4F. No.5 Gaoloumen, Nanjing, Jiangsu China