• Base salary starting at RMB 16,000-22,000 (depending on location this can be higher).
• International Insurance.
• 5 weeks paid holiday per year.
• Flight Reimbursement after probation period
• Contract completion bonus.
• Free hotel provided.
• e-MA and EMTTA (American Montessori Teacher Training Academy) scholarship program for existing Employees.
• Children tuition discount.
• Visa and Immigration full support.
• Native English Speaker or BA/MA in Native English Speaking Country (US,UK,CA,SA,IR,NZ,AUS) .
• Completed Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred).
• TEFL/TESOL/ELL Certification (unless degree is in TESOL or Early Childhood Education).
• Experience in ESL early childhood education (preferred) .
• 0-3 or 3-6 Montessori Certification (preferred) Skills.
• Proven communication skills both orally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Proven experience in the field of preschool or early childhood education.
OVERALL POSITION PURPOSE
The English Specialist plays an essential teaching role at an individual campus under the guidance of his/her Campus Principal and the Head of the English Department. The English Specialist is responsible for direct
implementation and instruction of the Etonkids English Curriculum to his/her assigned classroom and students (either ages 0-2.5 or 2.5-6). On all classroom matters, the English Specialist will report directly to his/her Lead Montessori Teacher and develop a team-oriented environment with his/her classroom teaching team.
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: English Department, Internal Campus Staff
• Prepare teaching materials during set prep time as noted by the English Department and create original teaching materials each month to match the existing English curriculum.
• Ensure all Etonkids English curricula is implemented properly in the classroom and provide feedback to the R&D Department in order to develop it.
• Lead English lessons during scheduled times, provide an immersive English-speaking environment throughout the day, and provide feedback and suggestions to other English Specialists in regard to successful teaching methods.
• Communicate and cooperate with Chinese English Teachers to ensure both parties are on the same page in regard to lesson plan content.
• Monitor student progress and maintain a portfolio for each student.
• Attend all English Department PD days noted by the English Department Regional Supervisor and campus meetings and PD days as deemed necessary by the Campus Principal. Also, attend all
weekly meetings with the classroom teaching team as scheduled by his/her Lead Montessori Teacher.
• Identify developmental needs of his/her students and organize ways to meet these needs.
• Complete standardized forms as set by the English Department.
• Assist the Lead Montessori Teacher in reviewing and editing all English materials, parent letters, and Student Reports to ensure no language mistakes are made.
• Visit the Etonkids English Department website on a weekly basis and contribute to discussion groups and blogs.
• Greet students and parents at the door (model and practice English).
• Maintain good relationships with parents and keep them well-informed about their student’s progress.
• Represent Etonkids and participate at campus, school, and community events as needed.
• Adhere to appropriate dress code for working with young students, meeting the requirements set forth by the English Department.
• Help cover classes in the event of a colleague’s absence as deemed necessary by the Campus Principal.
• Promote the corporate image of the organization and its educational activities to all individuals, groups internal and external to the organization.
• Participate as a member of the Etonkids Curriculum Committee meeting (if requested).
• Fulfill additional duties and responsibilities that are in line with the employment contract as instructed by Etonkids management.
• Establish and maintain cogent working relationships with all campus staff.
• Promote the corporate image of the organization to all individuals, groups, and organizations both within the organization and to the community at large.
• Participate fully as a team member, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues in the organization to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of campus/classroom objectives.
Etonkids International Kindergarten
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
The Etonkids Educational Group is a collaboration of experts in the fields of education, research, and school management established by alumni of Harvard and Northwestern universities, with representatives of international Montessori organizations. It is recognized by the Chinese government as a National Top 10 Educational Institute and hosts China's first indigenous AMS / MACTE Montessori credentialing program.
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: Building 302, Blog B, FL 5, IT Startup Park, Jiuxianqiao North Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing