School: Jurong Country Garden School
Location: Zhenjiang, Jiangsu
Department: International Middle Section
Reports to: Head of Department
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
Key Job Specifications:
• Salary – 16,000-20,000RMB/month (pre-tax)
• Working Hours - Monday-Friday (7:30-11:40 / 14:00-17:10)
• Teaching Hours – Up to 20 hours/week
• Curriculum – IB – Middle Years Programme
• Accommodation – Furnished apartment provided
• Food Allowance – 380RMB/month
• Flight Reimbursement – Up to 10,800RMB (split into 2 payments)
• Visa – Work Permit, Residence Permit and medical check-up fees assistance and reimbursement
• Insurance – Medical and accident insurance
• Leave – Paid national holidays + winter and/-or summer holidays
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 22-55 years of age
• Bachelor’s degree or higher (Education preferred)
• TEFL/TESOL certification minimum (CELTA/DELTA/PGCE/QTS preferred)
• Experience teaching junior high school grades, with MYP experience preferred
• Have an understanding and ability to teach pupils of all abilities
• Previous experience in an international school preferred
• Must be able to obtain a cleared background check
• English teaching positions require citizens of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa for visa purposes
About Jurong Country Garden School:
Jurong Country Garden School (JCGS) is an international school that has opened since 1 September 2013. It operates under Bright Scholar Education Group, and was established by the chair of the board of Country Garden - Mr. Yang Guoqiang. The school offers a 15-year International Baccalaureate education for all three programmes (PYP, MYP and DP). The school is located in Country Garden Phoenix Community in the Jurong Economic Development Zone, which is part of the Yangtze River Delta and close to developed cities such as Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Nanjing. The school occupies an area of approximately 134,000 m2 including 160,000 m2 construction area, with a maximum capacity of 24 classes in kindergarten, 50 classes in PYP, 50 classes in MYP, and 20 classes in DP, with an overall enrollment of 3,600 students. Currently, JCGS has 1300 students. JCGS provides an advanced education and high level accommodation, which includes three swimming pools, a sports field, a gymnasium, a library, a theater, a lecture hall, a range of laboratories and specialist classrooms. All classrooms have been equipped with interactive whiteboards, TVs, computers, digital radios and other technological aids to learning.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Bright Scholar Education Group is a NYSE-listed education company based in Foshan, Guangdong, China. Bright Scholar currently operates 7 international schools, 15 bilingual schools, 58 kindergartens and 19 Elan Schools. These schools are located across 10 Chinese provinces (Guangdong, Hunan, Hubei, Guizhou, Jiangsu, Shandong, Anhui, Hebei, Gansu and Sichuan) and the 2 municipalities of Beijing and Shanghai.
Bright Scholar has spent the past 20 years creating a unique premium brand within the Chinese education industry. It has the privilege of operating one of the oldest international schools in China. Bright Scholar has been leading the Chinese international education industry from all sectors and has set various examples and industrial benchmarks through its history.
Bright Scholar has accumulated a cohort of highly trained and experienced domestic and international talents whose aim is to educate the future leaders of the world as well as the future backbone of Chinese society.
Bright Scholar, Bright Future.
1994 - The first school was established in Shunde, Guangdong
1998 - 100% university enrollment rate for the first batch of graduates
2001 - The first official authorization for DP and MYP curriculum teaching qualification by the International Baccalaureate (IB)
2001 - The first Guangzhou branch school was built
2007 - First official authorization of A-Level and IGCSE teaching qualification by Cambridge International Examination Committee (CIE)
2011 - The first official authorization for PYP curriculum teaching qualification by IB
2014 - Country Garden Education Group was founded
2014 - Guangdong Country Garden Polytechnic was established as the first charitable college in China. The 2017 graduate employment rate was 99.66%
2016 - Through a strategic cooperation relationship with CIE, Country Garden Education Group became registered as a Cambridge associate
2017 - Bright Scholar was officially renamed and listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: BEDU), which witnessed the largest IPO for a Chinese education group listed in the United States
2017 - Bright Scholar signed with Fettes College to build a premium-quality British boarding school in China
2017 - Bright Scholar established scholarship programs with Columbia University and the University of California, Berkeley
- Current Location: Foshan China
- Address: Country Garden Headquarters, Beijiao Town, Shunde District, Foshan, Guangdong, PRC