ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. A Teacher Assistant is responsible for supporting the teacher and assisting in the management of the class by providing a warm, nurturing, and safe environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged and individuality respected.
2. Support the classroom teaching in ensuring a consistent and continuous focus on students’ learning, using IEYC Learning Principles and EYFS Guiding Principles as evidence to monitor progress in every child’s learning
3. Work productively within your class team, year group team and Early Years team for the benefit of teaching and learning and continuing professional development
4. Support the class teacher in providing regular formal and informal information to parents of children in your class. Direct developmental concerns of any student to the class teacher.
5. Adhere to the school policies and procedures.
6. Attend regular year group and team meetings, contributing fully and sharing good practice.
7. Develop best practice by familiarizing oneself with the Trinity Early Years Teaching Assistant quality standards policy document. Use the Teaching Assistant, self-reflection and feedback tool to monitor one own performance management.
8. Participate in review meetings and lesson observations to support the development of teaching and learning
9. Be responsible for the health and safety and Safeguarding of students.
10. Support and assist the classroom teacher to establish medium term plans for themes throughout the academic year.
11. Be an effective role model regarding behavior and expectations, effectively following the behavior policy of the school.
12. Use English when speaking to the students unless instructed otherwise by the class teacher.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Degree in Teaching or Degree and Teaching qualification/certificate
2. Willingness to develop knowledge and understanding of the IEYC curriculum and the EYFS curriculum.
3. Good inter-personal skills with students, teachers and parents.
4. Good administrative, organizational and ICT skills.
5. Ability to communicate accurately and fluently in spoken and written English
6. Commitment to progressive, play-based learning experiences for young children.
7. Assist the classroom teacher in creating a highly inspiring, inviting learning environment that promotes independence and resilience.
Guangzhou Kailin Education Information Consultancy Co. Ltd.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Trinity International Kindergarten is funded by Kai Ling Education, it has a unique curriculum, designed for Chinese and foreign families who want an International and bilingual programme.
School Mission: Nurture the sacred heart in every child to become a creative, caring and passionate learner.
- Current Location: Guangzhou China
- Address: Zhujiang New Town, Tianhe District