Dipont Education is seeking a Science Specialist Academic Leader to develop science curricula for Grades 1 to 8 in bilingual schools.
Reporting to the deputy director of education/science subject leader, the Science Specialist Academic Leader will:
- Create the Dipont science curriculum for Grades 1 to 8 in bilingual schools
- Integrate resources and develop an implementation plan, including Dipont curriculum standards, frameworks, schemes of work, teachers’ resources packages, etc.
- Work with external advisors (Chinese National Curriculum experts) on curriculum research, and comparison and adaption
- Liaise with and support science teachers in bilingual schools on updating schemes of work for different grades across Grades 1 to 8.
- Manage teaching and learning resources across bilingual schools for G1–8 science
- Create a resource bank, including teaching resources, textbooks, lesson plans and professional development resources for teachers
- Monitor and assess the use of the resource bank as well as resource sharing across schools.
- Offer and guide the professional development of teachers
- Establish regular collaboration among science coordinators/head of departments in bilingual schools
- Guide and regulate science assessment in bilingual schools
- Guide and support science-related projects and extracurricular courses
- Provide guidance on the transition from Grades 7 and 8 to Grades 9 to 2.
Candidates for the Science Specialist Academic Leader role should possess:
- A bachelors degree in science or a relevant subject
- Good knowledge of science curricula, with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) experience or Chinese national curriculum science teaching experience favorable
- A minimum of eight years' science subject teaching, with teaching experience in China favorable
- Experience in a science coordinator or head of science role
- Good cross-cultural communication
- Teacher training experience
- The ability to work under pressure
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Dipont Education Management Group is a leading Chinese educational services company with a particular focus on the delivery of overseas curricula to Chinese students. In affiliation with highly regarded public high schools, we currently manage 12 A Level Centres (UK curriculum), 11 AP Centres (US curriculum) with 4 authorised IB World School, in a range of locations across China.
We also co-ordinate school-based college counseling, international educational exchange programmes, summer programmes and provide emigration and study abroad consultation.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 33rd floor, N. 1788 Nanjing West road, Jing'an district, Shanghai