Class Teacher (Elementary) - English Medium Learning
Learning and Teaching Standards A
1. Know students and How they Learn ****** teachers have insightful and detailed knowledge of the developmental characteristics and learning needs of the children they teach. They have expertise and the desire to meet the wide range of individual learning and wellbeing needs of children who come from Chinese cultural, linguistic and educational backgrounds.
2. Plan for and implement effective learning and teaching ****** teachers are subject specialists and have current knowledge of the curriculum and the age range they teach. They set high expectations and challenging developmental and learning goals for their students and use a variety of effective learning and teaching strategies, resources and digital technology to support their students in achieving these goals. They encourage their students to be innovative, imaginative, creative and critical thinkers who are able to work well with others.
3. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning and progress Dehong teachers are knowledgeable and effective users of assessment to support learning. They use a range of data measures and assessment strategies to inform their evaluation of students’ progress which enables them to plan for learning, to report accurately and effectively on student progress and to design appropriate intervention and support strategies.
4.Develop supportive and safe learning environments ****** teachers are committed to safeguarding and to promoting the welfare of children and young people. They ensure secure, stimulating and well managed learning environments that promote a sense of safety, support and wellbeing.
5.Demonstrate International-mindedness and Global Citizenship ****** teachers have an appreciation of their own culture, as well as an openness to the perspectives, beliefs and educational philosophy of China. They respect other cultures, religions and languages. They recognise the importance of developing our students to be ethical Chinese and global citizens.
6.Engage Professionally in Learning and with the Community ****** teachers participate actively in professional learning and work collaboratively with colleagues to improve their practice. They hold themselves accountable to the highest professional standards in their interactions with colleagues, students and parents.
Qualifications: (Essential for China Work Permit)
Bachelor’s degree in relevant/specialist subject area
Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or equivalent
CLIL or EAL qualification or experience
Qualified Teacher Status in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, USA
Mother tongue or near-native fluency in English
Minimum 2 years’ experience in teaching inquiry-based learning (or PYP curriculum) within Elementary school
Demonstrated success in working with students in the age range you are teaching
For Specialist Teachers, demonstrated experience in your discipline
A strong understanding of progressive pedagogy
Effective planning and time management
Creative and effective use of resources, including education technology
Ability to maintain student focus and active engagement on learning
Positive management of behaviour
Strong, clear communication and listening skills
Adaptable to varying contexts and an enthusiasm for working with Chinese colleagues and parents
Experience in teaching EAL/ELL students
Enthusiasm for curriculum study and development
Demonstrated experience in using a variety of assessment and feedback techniques
Demonstrated experience in raising achievement and setting aspirational targets
Previous experience in an international school
Some proficiency in oral Chinese Mandarin would be an advantage but is not a requirement
Excellent subject knowledge, especially in literacy and elementary school Science (for non-Specialist Teachers)
Xi'an BC Multicultural Diffusion Co., Ltd
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Agent
- Industry type: Agency
Bilingual Community (BC) is a multicultural platform that provides employment solutions for people seeking great jobs, and the employers who need great talents. It’s founded in 2014 and based in Xi’an. BC is a multicultural company that was established with the goal of not only matching expats with Chinese companies, but also as a source of exchanging cultures and ideas between locals or expats, be they in or outside China. We are passionate about delivering the right fit for every hire and offering the best opportunity for job seekers to get hired in China.
There is something truly unique about BC. The capsule hostel has such a variety of different activities. Local people have the chance to get to know visitors from all over the world. For foreigners it's a great way to make new friends and discover the Chinese culture through locals. And the Chinese can find out interesting facts about the world outside China. We can say that almost all of us have the same dreams, like traveling the world and meet new people. And we can all have the same fears of going out there to explore the world.
so what we do?
Helping foreigners find legal and stable work in China.
for instance work in school \ hotel \ company \ club and so on.
Helping foreign teachers coordinate relationship with employer.
Helping foreign teachers deal with different kinds of working problems in China.
Providing foreign teachers consultation service for work and life in China.
We can provide you with working visa（Z）.
We can match your specific needs.
Help upon arrival.
- Current Location: Xi'an China
- Address: Room 201, Unit 1, Building 1, 61 North Laodong Road, Lianhu District, Lianhu, 710082 Xi'an, China