Maple leaf international school is accepting applications from certified English Language teachers for this position on the campus(es) below:
Yiwu Foreign Nationals School
• Free on-campus housing with 3,000 RMB settlement allowance;
• 21,600-30,000 USD per year salary based upon verified teaching experience; 24 months of payments;( 12600-17500RMB per month )
• Receive salary in RMB, USD or CAD or combination; yearly completion bonus 2,500 RMB
• Approximately 12 weeks 70 days paid leave per year subject to province regulations and school policy;
• Family health insurance VIP in China with emergency cover worldwide
• Monday-Friday 7:30-16:30 schedule; approximately 8 teaching hours per day, or 25 blocks per week;
• Annual return flights for teacher and dependents in China; paid up front with 100 USD baggage credit;
• Full support for work permit; reimbursement of document authentication and visa application costs;
• Subsidised fees for dependents attending a Maple Leaf International or Foreign Nationals School;
• Strong professional development and in-service continuing education support
• Opportunities to transfer to academic roles for teachers who qualify or gain credentials
• Understand and meet the requirements and learning outcomes of the Maple Leaf ESL curricula;
• Support student’s skills development and preparation for immersive English Maple Leaf high schools;
• Be a positive role model and demonstrate high moral standards at the School and within the community;
• Deliver assigned courses using a variety of appropriate and engaging instructional methods;
• In collaboration with peers, develop detailed lesson plans aligned to both scope and student needs;
• Independently manage students to create an organized and disciplined learning environment;
• Diagnose, analyse, and differentiate lessons to meet the needs of struggling and advanced students;
• Adapt, reflect and grow in diverse professional and cross-cultural circumstances;
• Make a strong contribution to the school’s extra-curricular program including clubs and school events;
• Attend weekly assembly, staff meetings, and professional development opportunities;
The primary purpose of ESL support is to support up to 50% of the students who are very low in their English language development. Each student is assessed upon admittance for a minimal English language level, but with the support of ESL teachers, the schools are able to accept students with lower English language skills.
The FNS schools are able to advance the achievement level of students who are 2-3 years behind their peers, by providing pull-out individual and small group support to ESL learners, thus enabling them to function in a “regular” classroom.
• Students should be working on developing all aspects of their language acquisition, on a regular basis: Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
• MLFNS ELL textbooks, if used (optional), are to be supplemented with engaging content and learning activities that mirror the kinds of learning opportunities students would be engaging in with their BC classes.
o Within the ELS classes, students should be regularly engaging in learning opportunities that help to develop the BC Core Competencies: Communication, Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, and Personal and Social Responsibility.
• Students should have direct instruction and learning opportunities to support their “core” subjects in their BC classrooms, particularly, English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
o ELS teachers should regularly collaborate with their BC teacher colleagues to identify areas of support and need for the students, across the curriculum.
• ELS teachers should refer to the BC curriculum documents (https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/) as a reference for the skills and learning targets students should be prepared to achieve.
o These are the “Curricular Competencies” and “Content” areas of the documents.
The BC Ministry of Education has outlined five levels of ELL for three age groups (K-3; 4-7; 8-12). Our ELS program provides supports to these students:
Level 1 (Beginning) – minimal functional English
Level 2 (Developing) – student knows individual words – concrete nouns – perhaps colors, shapes, etc.
Level 3 (Expanding) – student can manage the everyday language of the classroom and social environment – e.g. please bring a pencil and your library book; stand in line at the door.
Level 4 (Consolidating) – student has survival academic language – enough academic language to manage in a BC content classroom such as Math or Science
Level 5 (Bridging) – student is nearing full, unmodified BC program performance – perhaps with ELL markers visible, especially in writing
Start date : ASAP
Xudashan Consulting Co.ltd
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Agent
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
We are recruiting native English speaker teachers for more than 200 schools in 51 cities around China ,we have been in the recruiting business for 11 years .
- Current Location: Other cities China
- Address: No,30 Wuyachang ,Suzhou,China