Job Descriptions: Academic Supervisor, Montessori IC/CASA
As a member of the Leadership Team, to facilitate implementation of the vision and mission of the School at the IC and Casa program levels.
Provide academic supervision to the staff of the IC and Casa classrooms, monitor/supervise program development and delivery, and provide support when necessary, to students and families at these levels.
1. Assist in ensuring that the school’s teaching operations are carried out in accordance with the Principles, Mission, and Vision of the School and the Education Group.
2. Assist in ensuring adherence to the School’s application of the Montessori philosophy.
3. Keep in touch with direct classroom teaching through the delivery of programs as appropriate.
4. Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with the school principal and management team.
5. Act as a role model to students, staff, families, and the community.
6. Provide support as required to the principal and school management team in the general leadership of the School.
1. Organize and be responsible for the on-boarding training for new staff in IC and Casa.
2. Provide instructional leadership to teachers within IC and Casa, by developing a sense of pride, sharing of ideas, providing support, and building teamwork within these groups.
3. Participate in the foreign teacher interview process.
4. Formulate semester, monthly and weekly syllabus and plans for all campus, and be responsible for teaching guidance for all campuses.
5. Assist with long-term succession planning for teaching roles within the IC and Casa program levels.
6. Plan and oversee provision of resources for teaching, classroom and extracurricular supervision, and student development.
7. Set up and run regular academic staff meetings for staff at the IC and Casa program levels.
8. Assist in planning staff professional development/training sessions, assist in staff retention, writing for internal staff publications, and assisting staff with such activities.
C. Curriculum / Programming:
1. Supervise the planning and implementation of the IC and Casa programs, and providing continuous review, evaluation, and/or improvement of programs.
2. Ensure parameters, limits, and guidelines for each of the program areas are adhered to by all staff.
3. Plan, in consultation with the principal, provision of classroom and extracurricular resources such as materials, books, technology, stationary, special requirements, etc.
4. Participate in the development of the school calendar on an annual basis.
5. Review all IC and Casa weekly class calendars/plans and ensuring calendars/plans are consistent with the school wide calendar and the appropriate program; ensuring class calendars/plans are made available to the School Principal.
6. Ensure parameters, limits, and guidelines for evaluation of students are adhered to by all staff.
7. Visit each IC and Casa classroom on a regular basis to be aware of and offer input on the development of each class.
D. Students / Families:
1. Regularly review programs and classrooms to ensure they meet the needs of the students.
2. Ensure the system for monitoring and tracking students and their progress is followed by all teaching staff.
3. Participate in interviews and decision-making in special situations for family placements.
4. Observe individual children as requested by classroom teachers to give objective feedback on individualized programs, and if necessary sit in on parent conferences to support individual teachers.
5. Develop, monitor, and support any special needs situations and preparing required documentation, and additional conferencing.
6. Ensure the mechanisms to inform on students’ progress, the curriculum being provided, and the success of the programs are being used on an on-going basis in order to communicate effectively with parents and families.
7. Review all level student report reports prior to their issue.
8. Meet with individual families as required to answer questions, deal with concerns, or solve issues arising within the classroom that cannot be resolved directly between the teachers and families.
9. Assist in the development and delivery of parent education program appropriate to the IC and Casa levels.
E. Communications & Development:
1. Support recruiting and registration programs related to the enrolment of students at the IC and Casa levels.
2. Participate in school tours, presentations, parent information sessions, and other related activities.
3. Participate in the communications program and encouraging good communications with parents and students.
4. Conduct formal and informal group and individual meetings to discuss issues, concerns, and to deliver information.
5. Read documentation and reports for content and editing before being finalized for presentation to parents, professionals, or other community. Any sensitive reports should be forwarded to the Principal for review and/or approval as appropriate.
Holds the authority to:
Make decisions and provide direct performance feedback to staff in the IC and Casa related programs.
Make decisions on curriculum, program specifics, level and class academic calendars, field trips, and extracurricular schedules in the IC and Casa related programs.
Participate in the review and resolution of complaints and issues within the IC and Casa programs.