As part of a team and under the guidance of the Head Teacher, plan and implement educational experiences for young children (0.5-6 years old) with a child development focus in a play-based focus learning center.
1. Responsible for the daily teaching work of the center; provide instruction to young children; identify emerging curriculum and work with the teaching team in designing short-term and long-term educational classroom projects.
2. Create an environment that will promote children's cognitive, social, physical and emotional growth. Carefully plan and structure both the indoor and outdoor environments of the classrooms.
3. To create a satisfying learning environment, the supply of equipment and materials should be orderly and meaningful. Manage all the goods and facilities in the classrooms.
4. Implement the safety and health care system of the early education center, and guide the assistants to manage their children's life and health care work.
5. Maintain anecdotal records for each child to document their learning in the classroom and identify their developmental growth areas. Design, produce and document program content highlighting children’s learning.
6. Collaborate with the Lead Teacher in supervising and mentoring new teachers and contribute to their performance evaluations;
7. Work closely with parents providing verbal updates, interpreting their children’s behaviors.
8. Provide tours of learning center for parents and local visitors. Participate in the public activities of the center, actively participate in various training activities organized by the center.
To be considered for this post you must meet the following criteria:
1. Native English speakers who have already worked in Shanghai
2. Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, equivalent education and courses in education and child development along with at least two years’ experience teaching in the field of Early Childhood Education (with children under 6 years old). Experience teaching in international kindergarten highly desirable.
3. Nanny certification and/or pediatric nurse certification along with relevant 2 years work experience and a willingness to extend experience and expertise in infants and toddlers development.
4. Relevant certification preferred. TEFL/ TESOL/ TESL certificate preferred.
5. Work experience with children from 6 months old to 6 years old preferred.
6. Strong passion in early childhood education. Advocate of play-based learning approach for young children.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. An awareness of cultural sensitivity and an ability to work collaboratively.
9. Have a strong team spirit, be creative, reactive and adaptable, and have strong sense of responsibility.
10. Music, art, or performing art background highly preferred.
Cardinal Oaks Play-based Learning Center
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Cardinal Oaks Play-based Learning Center is an early childhood education center based in Shanghai. We aim to provide play-based learning curriculum to young children from age 0.5-6. The center is funded by venture capital and private investors from Education and Hi-Tech industry in Hong Kong and the US.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic, and committed leader who are prepared to embrace the internationalised approach of an early childhood learning center that seeks to combine the very best of Chinese and English education approach.
Our yet to be opened Play-based Learning Center is located in the heart of Shanghai. The learning center is scheduled to be opened in January 2019. Initially the center offers three programs: (1) Mommy & Me program for 6 month-3 year old; (2) Nursery program for 2-3 year old; (3) Playgroup program for 3-6 year old. All programs offer in both Chinese and English language, to Chinese nationals and foreign passport holders.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 121 Dong Qing Lian Road, Huang Pu District