At least 2 years’ relevant teaching experience.
Good communication skills
Competence in working with a rich cultural mix of students and teachers
Excellent IT skills, and knowledge of how to apply them in a school environment
1. Attendance at Home room period at the beginning of each day.
2. Maintaining attendance records on ManageBac.
3. Identify and support students who demonstrate through their academic progress, development or well-being that they are in need of assistance.
4. Pastoral care and PSPE learning outcomes delivery during homeroom periods.
5. Ensuring UOI letters are sent to parents.
6. Formative and summative assessment reports are shared periodically with parents.
7. Completion of two semester reports per year.
8. Preparation for unit assemblies and one unit exhibition per year.
1.Core curriculum delivery in the English or Chinese language of instruction.
2. Meeting learning outcomes the core curriculum subject.
3. Ensuring that assessment outcomes are used to plan lessons.
4. Conducting vertical and horizontal curriculum planning. In particular, ensuring that weekly collaborative planning meetings.
5. Collaborative writing of plans.
6. Submission of plans and placing them along with student work samples in the teacher folder, and on ManageBac. General:
1. Be responsible for one extra duty per day.
2. Be responsible for one school event coordination per year.
3. Be responsible for one Co-curriculum activity per week.
4. Conduct one Parent Teacher Conference per semester.
5. Conduct one Student Led Conference per year.
6. Be professionally consistent with the school’s mission and values.
7. Note and apply the school’s policies and procedures as applicable.
8. Other work assigned by Divisional Leadership.
Overseas Chinese Academy Suzhou
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Overseas Chinese Academy Suzhou (OCAS) is co-founded by Chiway Education Group and China-Singapore Suzhou Industrial Park Development Co. Ltd. (CSSD) to meet the international education needs of the children of overseas returnees, with the substantial support of the Suzhou Industrial Park Administrative Committee. OCAS is the first international school catering for the children of overseas Chinese who return to China as well as Chinese students who are seeking international education.
OCAS provides 15 years of continuous K-12 dual-language education, emphasizing the development of both Chinese and English as students'mother tongues. Within the framework of the IB curriculum, on the basis of the Chinese national curriculum, and characterized by American innovative curricula, the OCAS curriculum fosters proactive and balanced lifelong learners. OCAS is committed to developing students'potential in creativity, innovation and originality and enabling them to deal with the international problems of the 21st century in cooperation with young people from other countries.
- Current Location: Suzhou China