AHEAD-Wasatch Academy US Dual Diploma Program (Direct Hire)
Subjects Hiring For: AP Psychology
Location Hiring For: Nanjing East campus
Projected Start Date: February 22nd, 2021 (or earlier)
Projected Courses: AP Psychology (+other subjects to complete FT teaching load)
Projected Class Periods: 20 45-minute class periods
Other possible courses: English Language Arts, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science
NOTE: Academic background and/or demonstrated experience teaching Psychology is a pre-requisite for candidate consideration.
About Wasatch Academy
Established in 1875 and located in central Utah, Wasatch Academy is a highly admired G8-12 private boarding school educating students from over 40 countries and 30 U.S. states. An eight-time winner of Best School in State, the school provides an outstanding and innovative academic, athletic and arts program to a diverse student body. The Wasatch Academy International Partnership Program encompasses a broad range of relationships, including agreements with schools or institutions that provide educational student and teacher exchanges to dual diploma programs. Wasatch Academy currently has active partnerships in China, Japan, India, Equator, Germany and Peru. The school is recognized nationally by its peers as a leader in hands-on international academic partnerships.
Wasatch Academy offers an academic program students who are enrolled in a Wasatch Academy Diploma Program at partner high schools in the People’s Republic of China are eligible to receive credits for specified academic courses taught by Wasatch Academy teachers. After successful completion of the set credit requirements, students enrolled in the Dual Diploma Program will obtain an American high school graduation diploma from Wasatch Academy and as well as a Chinese graduation diploma from their home campus.
Wasatch Academy is seeking to hire an AP Psychology teacher to reside and teach in our Diploma Program located at Wasatch Academy's Nanjing center for the 2020-2021 academic year. Teachers are responsible for the organization and execution of the classes they teach, for participation in various departmental and school groups and endeavors, and for participating in other capacities as assigned by the administration. Students are selected and enrolled in the program based on prior academic achievement, provincial high school entry exams (中考), partner school entry requirements and personal interviews as required. Partner schools are all nationally ranked key public high schools. Wasatch Academy partners with the AHEAD Education Group to manage program administration, logistics, and HR.
• Full-time class load (max 25 periods, 40-45 minutes/period), with a focus on student-centered and project based learning.
• Communicate and co-ordinate with Wasatch Academy to organize and run class according to their academic guidelines, standards and philosophy.
• Co-ordinate and co-operate with Chinese partner admin and faculty for program administration, development, and class organization.
• Assess and report on students’ progress and grades in a timely and organized manner to the home campus and China-based admin.
• Coordinating and communicating with local school and partner staff regarding program day to day operations
• Provide individual or small-group academic help to students as needed.
• Co-ordinate an extra-curricular activity if possible.
• Perform other duties as necessary or as assigned.
• Strong base salary based on years of experience, qualifications, position, and placement.
• Furnished western-style apartment in gated community or housing allowance (≈¥2500-3500/month based on location)
• Round-trip to and from US/Canada point of hire (overseas hire) and school center OR ¥8500 annual travel allowance (local hire).
• Work visas, foreign expert certificates, residence permits, and other China required employment paperwork.
• PAID holidays, sick days and personal days,
• Retention and re-signing allowances
• Domestic health and accident insurance (direct billing available)
• Income tax services and remittance
• Professional development and link to academic support to American home campus.
• Teacher orientation and training.
• Tuition discount for dependent children under eighteen (18) years of age for AHEAD-Wasatch related programs in China
Requirements (VR = Visa Requirement)
• Bachelor’s degree; in teaching subject preferred (VR); Master’s degree and above desirable.
• Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in teaching subject or related field. (VR)
• Experience or background in western G9-12 school system strongly desirable.
• Ability and motivation to work cooperatively and diplomatically with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administration in a foreign cross-cultural environment.
• Career-oriented and commitment to continued professional development.
• Fluent English
• Fluency with computer technology.
• Ability and commitment to engage in student-centered, project based learning.
• Legally able to work under the labor laws of the People’s Republic of China.
o Pre-requisite work experience (see above)
o Background check from home country (other previous residence locations MAY be possible) (VR)
o Up-to-date health check
o Degree able to be authenticated (if from non-Chinese institution) (VR)
o Official reference/verification of employment letters covering two years of teaching (VR)
NOTE: Some of these may be waived or less stringent (besides degree) if a candidate already has a z-visa and if their current school will cooperate in the transfer process. Different cities may also have their own specific interpretations and requirements.
Thank you for your interest. Please contact us to receive a more detailed information package about our positions, programs, and campuses.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
The AHEAD Education Group develops and manages international curriculum programs in partnership with nationally ranked Chinese public high schools and foreign academic partners. AHEAD programs send the most students in China to Australia’s G-8 Universities through its University of New South Wales (UNSW) High School Program, the top performing Australian offshore program in China. Over 87% of its graduates have gone to the top four universities in Australia including over 350 to the University of Melbourne (#1) and the University of New South Wales (#3) in 2020.
In partnership with Wasatch Academy, an eight-time winner of best-in-state, AHEAD oversees a three year American high school diploma programs on four campuses based on the project-based, student-directed curriculum of their nationally renowned American NAIS-accredited partner school.
The AHEAD Education Group's academic center partners are nationally ranked top high schools across China. AHEAD's key mission is to establish and coordinate international educational solutions for the brightest and most capable Chinese students seeking admittance to top universities in the United States, Canada, Australia and beyond.
- Current Location: Nanjing China
- Address: Nanjing, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Suzhou, Wuxi, Kunshan, Xuzhou, Zhengzhou, Nantong