School: Elan Schools (China)
Locations: Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Foshan
Start Date: Flexible; location-dependent
Reports to: Center Manager
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
Key Job Specifications:
• Salary – 13,000-18,000RMB/month (pre-tax)
• Contract Length – 12 months
• Working Hours – Weekdays 11:00-20:00 / Weekends: 9:00-18:00 (2 days off – 1-hour lunch breaks)
• Teaching Hours – Up to 24 hours/week
• Visa – Work Permit, Residence Permit and medical check-up fees assistance and reimbursement
• Arrival Support – Airport pickup; 10,000RMB start-up loan for accommodation costs as well as assistance finding accommodation
• Accommodation Support – 1200 RMB hotel reimbursement after 2 months’ probation; 10,000 RMB start-up loan for accommodation
• Flight Reimbursement – Up to 8000RMB for return ticket to home country (one-time payment)
• Insurance – Health and accident insurance after probation
• Bonus – Discretional bonus based on annual performance
• Paid Leave – National holidays/11 days’ annual leave/3 days’ sick leave
• Training – Orientation & pre-job training, on-going academic training, support and appraisals
About Elan Schools:
Established in December 2012, Elan Schools are an English language arts training service provider for children aged 5-14 in China. The first Elan School opened in March 2013. Currently, there are 16 Elan Schools in operation in Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen and Foshan. In early 2016, Time Education Holdings Ltd. who operate Elan Schools was acquired by Bright Scholar Education Group.
About the position:
Library Coaches need to assist in all aspects of Elan’s guided reading program. For each library session a student will read books at their assigned level, complete comprehension quizzes on an iPad, have a 10-minute interview with the coach about the material that they have read, and write a book report that must be proofread by the coach. Coaches must always provide a positive and supportive environment for the students, monitor student progress closely, and maintain a professional relationship with parents and other staff members. The Library Coach will be required to work 5 days per week (three weekdays and Sat/Sun). Coaches will also play a significant role in the marketing activities run by the center, including parties and the 100 Book Challenge.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Check the library reservation list, plan for the day, and log students on the arrival sheet
• Charge iPads and check connectivity to internet source and printers
• Keep the display areas tidy and organized and guide the students to do the same
• Greet students and help them to select reading material at their level
• Enforce a “culture of English” in the library and other Elan expectations
• Assist students in following the library flow while fostering independence
• Interview students by discussing literary devices and encouraging critical and creative thinking
• Administer, correct and record the results of quizzes, book reports, and interviews
• Conduct library trials for new students and phonics tests for children too young for the library
• Provide induction sessions for new library students to help them adapt to the system
• Motivate the students and foster a love for literature and writing
• Guide teachers who come to assist you in the library
• Monitor student progress utilizing data analysis
• Be familiar with the Elan curriculum in order to make suggestions for student placement
• Write student assessment reports with strengths, areas for improvement, and recommendations
• Cooperate with the Center Manager and Head Teacher in ensuring constructive communication and efficient operation of the center that creates a cohesive culture and working environment
• Substitute for absent colleagues - this may be at short notice and off-site
• Be familiar with the administrative procedures employed in the center and as directed by Elan head office
• Take part in two training sessions per term to keep up to date with current developments
• Make the library an inviting environment for students by hosting regular themed corners, decorating according to Western and Chinese festival days, and other appropriate displays.
• Assist in marketing activities and promotions, particularly with parties.
• Meet weekly with the Head Teacher and center colleagues to discuss student progress and strategies
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Bright Scholar Education Group is a NYSE-listed education company based in Foshan, Guangdong, China. Bright Scholar currently operates 7 international schools, 15 bilingual schools, 58 kindergartens and 19 Elan Schools. These schools are located across 10 Chinese provinces (Guangdong, Hunan, Hubei, Guizhou, Jiangsu, Shandong, Anhui, Hebei, Gansu and Sichuan) and the 2 municipalities of Beijing and Shanghai.
Bright Scholar has spent the past 20 years creating a unique premium brand within the Chinese education industry. It has the privilege of operating one of the oldest international schools in China. Bright Scholar has been leading the Chinese international education industry from all sectors and has set various examples and industrial benchmarks through its history.
Bright Scholar has accumulated a cohort of highly trained and experienced domestic and international talents whose aim is to educate the future leaders of the world as well as the future backbone of Chinese society.
Bright Scholar, Bright Future.
1994 - The first school was established in Shunde, Guangdong
1998 - 100% university enrollment rate for the first batch of graduates
2001 - The first official authorization for DP and MYP curriculum teaching qualification by the International Baccalaureate (IB)
2001 - The first Guangzhou branch school was built
2007 - First official authorization of A-Level and IGCSE teaching qualification by Cambridge International Examination Committee (CIE)
2011 - The first official authorization for PYP curriculum teaching qualification by IB
2014 - Country Garden Education Group was founded
2014 - Guangdong Country Garden Polytechnic was established as the first charitable college in China. The 2017 graduate employment rate was 99.66%
2016 - Through a strategic cooperation relationship with CIE, Country Garden Education Group became registered as a Cambridge associate
2017 - Bright Scholar was officially renamed and listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: BEDU), which witnessed the largest IPO for a Chinese education group listed in the United States
2017 - Bright Scholar signed with Fettes College to build a premium-quality British boarding school in China
2017 - Bright Scholar established scholarship programs with Columbia University and the University of California, Berkeley
- Current Location: Foshan China
- Address: Country Garden Headquarters, Beijiao Town, Shunde District, Foshan, Guangdong, PRC