TopSchools is looking for a Primary Homeroom / ESL / EFL Teacher for a k-12 British school in Shenzhen. Please note that the position will start ASAP and applicants must be currently in China.
With recognition that the staff at the School are the school’s most valuable resource, we are seeking to appoint an exemplary Primary School Teacher to deliver our inquiry-based programme and build positive relationships with and exceptional outcomes for our students based on our School Values, including those of Holistic Education and Intellectual Rigour.
The School, partnered with an elite private school in England, is an innovative bilingual school following a blended, inquiry-based curriculum including elements of Chinese and Western pedagogies. As such, the successful candidate will be expected to be creative in their approach to curriculum development and implementation, to support the cognitive and social benefits of bilingualism and display an open-minded and respectful mindset to multiculturalism within our Chinese context.
1. University degree (BA/B.Sc) or equivalent;
2. Teacher Qualifications (B.Ed/M.Ed/PGCE/QTS) or equivalent (preferred);
3. Have at least 1-year homeroom / ESL teaching experience;
4. Native English speaker;
5. Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practices of Primary education
frameworks such as the English National Curriculum, IB PYP;
6. A positive, caring, collaborative team-player with a passion for early childhood education
1. Create an outstanding and engaging classroom culture based on student agency and inquiry;
2. Build strong routines and systems for language learning, including for ELLs, and for social
3. Engage wholeheartedly in parent communication and offer opportunities for parents to
engage in learning;
4. Summatively and formatively assess with skill and rigour;
5. Developing engaging and developmentally appropriate Inquiry Units through team planning within our established Programme of Inquiry;
6. Delivering regular language learning opportunities through a range of strategies;
7. Creating meaningful links between different areas of the curriculum within each Inquiry Unit
to make learning relevant, engaging and interconnected ;
8. Undertaking CoCurricular Activities and Clubs to enrich Holistic learning.
Along with your highly competitive salary, and the opportunity to live within the vibrant and verdant city of Shenzhen, you will enjoy the following benefits:
1. Annual flight allowance;
2. Relocation allowance;
3. International in-patient healthcare, Personal Accident insurance and out patient allowance;
4. Subsidy towards housing in the beautiful resort near the school;
5. 80% subsidy on school tuition fees for up to two children;
6. Professional Development opportunity.
Please do not hesitate to send your CV if you are interested. Thanks for your time.
4F, YinFeng Building, Haidian District, Beijing
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Agent
- Industry type: Professional Services(Consulting/HR/Finance/Accounting)
TopSchools is the most well-known K12 educational platform in China, committed to supporting the growth of international schools in China through research-informed consultancy, talents development and recruitment service as well as community events. For us, transforming a school system is all about increasing life chances for children.
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: 4F, YinFeng Building, Su Zhou Jie, Haidian, Beijing