* Teacher required to teach Building & Construction studies.
* Must have experience teaching and knowledge of Building Industry.
To deliver content material within Units of Competence for the Diploma of Building & Construction program to Melbourne Polytechnic’s international partners online, ensuring that classes run efficiently and meeting compliance requirements.
• Provide training and facilitation across a range programs, qualifications, and related areas, to training clients.
• Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery and record management meet compliance requirements.
• Carry out administrative tasks as required related to the program
• Deliver and assess as a teacher of Building Construction within the International Operations Department.
• Communicate regularly with the Lead Teacher Building & Construction and other staff within the Building Construction programs to establish consistency in resource and delivery strategies.
• Maintain and evaluate student-learning programs, projects and associated materials.
• Maintain a learning environment that empowers, encourages students to take personal responsibility, and is encouraging of them.
• Communicate and co-operate with colleagues in team teaching and other situations, including research of mentoring models.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of quality assurance processes in relation to program and course administration, design, delivery assessment and evaluation of training materials.
• Staying abreast of current thinking and of developments in technology that impact on the particular areas of expertise.
• Work within the quality systems, (including the Australian Quality Training Framework), prepare lesson plans, develop work units, communicate and maintain records to a high standard as required.
• Assist in securing and managing any work placement or vocational experience component connected to program delivery.
• Maintain and assist in the accurate recording of information in learners’ portfolios
• Contact learners to discuss absence and to support their return to the classroom, wherever possible (timings of contact to be determined with line manager)
• Develop teaching resources and assessments that meet curriculum and contract requirements.
• Embrace new technologies and innovations.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement strategies.
• Identify, create and participate in professional development relevant to teaching and the maintenance of vocational currency.
• Maintain accurate records of student attendance, progress and assessment in line with Melbourne Polytechnic and contractual requirements. This includes involvement in the selection and assessment of intending students, assessment and documentation of students’ progress within the program as required and the identification and introduction of strategies to assist students experiencing learning and/or settlement difficulties.
• Participate in classes and programs at times and days which best suit the learners’ needs, as negotiated with relevant program leadership
• Participate in staff meetings, ongoing curriculum development and other relevant professional development activities.
• Participate in the marketing and promotion of the courses delivered by the Professional Practice department.
• Participate in validation and moderation sessions with other providers and/or industry.
• Demonstrate flexibility as to levels, funding streams and the focus of delivery, to maintain a learner-centered approach.
• Provide pre-course advice to students and participate in the student selection, enrolment and induction processes.
• Support other teachers and team-members in the site or program by cooperative teaching, creating excursions, planning incursions or supporting learners to learning from group-projects.
• Support the Building Construction programs to develop and highlight innovative responses to learner needs, such as study skills mentorship, vocational experience and training and dual course delivery.
• Use diverse and appropriate adult learning methods.
• Work within the framework of Melbourne Polytechnic’s policies, procedures and legislative/regulatory requirements
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Melbourne Polytechnic offers the perfect combination of Higher Education as well as Vocational Education & Training, delivered by teachers with real-world experience and expertise. Through a network of six metropolitan campuses and a regional campus in Ararat in Australia as well as working with partners colleges across China, Melbourne Polytechnic offers a range of degrees, certificates and diplomas across the whole Higher Education and Vocational Education & Training spectrum.
- Current Location: Australia
- Address: 77 St. Georges Road, Preston VIC 3072 Australia