English Science Teacher – Job Brief
1. Organize courses with diverse activities and methods that focuses on science knowledge (lectures in class and lab experiments). A student centered small group approach is encouraged when necessary.
2. Teach students aged between 8yrs – 16yrs.
3. Classes are bilingual (Chinese & English), co-taught with a Chinese teacher.
4. For primary school the focus is on nature, and sometimes in the lab.
5. For Junior High, classes will cover basic biology, chemistry, physics, and at times a mix of astronomy, geology, and other. Classes at times will be in the lab.
6. Responsible for instructing students about the meaning and content of science using English.
7. Focus on overall comprehension of content of the scientific language with the idea of enabling the students to express themselves using the appropriate scientific vocabulary.
8. Plan, prepare & teach a full course load and prepare lessons hoping to enthuse and inspire students.
9. Build positive relationships with students and fellow teachers.
10. If you love science and education and have a calm and positive personality, we’d like to meet you.
1. Prepare classroom and course materials.
2. Use a combination of audio-visual & electronic media to engage the students.
3. Create a supportive and positive classroom environment.
4. Resolve crises in classroom.
5. Collaborate with educational staff to provide a positive learning experience to students.
6. Maintain current lesson plans.
7. Provide feedback on materials, courses, and lessons to academic and other managers/colleagues as requested.
8. Develop materials and resources, implement, support and/or lead in the production and improvement of curriculum planning as appropriate.
9. Set up appropriate extended courses according to your own strengths.
10. Utilize learning spaces and tools effectively, and encourage students to participate.
11. Attend academic, departmental, and school meetings or training when required.
12. Make an effort to understand staff and student issues, and the reasons behind decisions being made.
1. Supports the aims, objectives, goals and philosophy of the school.
3. Acts rationally, objectively and maturely without bias.
4. Imparts a positive impact with students and staff.
5. Projects an appropriate professional image.
6. Assumes responsibility and ownership for work issues.
7. Is proactive and takes initiative within acceptable parameters.
1. Previous experience as a science teacher.
2. Knowledge of various teaching methods suitable to non-native speakers.
3. Great organizational and communication skills.
4. A calm and resilient personality.
5. Ability to handle classroom crises.
6. ESL/EFL or TESOL certification.
7. Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited institution.
1. Capacity for prioritizing conflicting demands.
2. Acuity for balancing the normal demands of a range of work and responsibilities without disruption to other team members or school staff.
3. Attentive to deadlines.
5. Ability to gather facts and to analyze situations objectively, accurately, and in an organized fashion.
6. Basic computer literacy.
Xiniu Information Technologies
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Agent
- Industry type: Computers Software
Professional consulting firm to help client identify right foreign talents in multiple industry with proved record and high client satifiscation.
- Current Location: Shanghai China