The Educational Editor is a position within the Curriculum department at ALO7. The main duties involve content creation and editing in multiple formats covering both print and digital media. The content is intended for use by English language learners and their teachers and parents, both in the classroom and at home. The ideal candidate will be detail-focused, self-motivated, educationally-minded, and an effective communicator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Copy edit, write, and proofread materials using standard and in-house software and file formats, including Word, Excel, PDF, still image, animation, and audio files.
2. Copy edit and content edit picture books, non-fiction, fiction, poetry, and other genres for English language learning.
3. Check content in development to assess consistent and appropriate difficulty level according to a Scope and Sequence.
4. Identify, request, and provide feedback on illustrations and photographs for use in English language learning.
5. Proofread existing English language learning content using in-house software.
6. Work on concurrent projects with interdepartmental virtual teams.
7. Help to provide English language and content creation guidance to the curriculum development team.
8. May be required to identify Common Core, CEFR, and MOE standards for online and classroom exercises and meta-tag them.
9. May help to brainstorm ideas and create editorial content for ELL learners age 10-19.
10. May contribute to the development of learning applications and games for tablet, PC, and interactive whiteboard use.
11. May contribute to the building of the company brand and its characters through the editing or writing of marketing, educational, fiction, and nonfiction materials as needed.
12. May be required to record audio content as needed.
1. Experience in copy editing.
2. Experience in ELL up to high school level and/or experience with TOEFL.
3. Great collaborator who is flexible and works well under pressure.
4. Self-motivated worker able to manage own workload.
5.Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, e-mail, internet, and content management systems.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
In the past, English Language Learning (ELL) teaching methods in China have been traditional and inefficient. Most teachers rely on Grammar Translation, drill and kill, and teaching for test preparation as opposed to focusing on skill production and utilizing more communicative activities. This is frustrating for children who become disinterested in learning English. Teachers lack the training and tools to conduct effective and engaging classes. Teachers must create their own materials and spend a large amount of time outside of class grading homework and communicating with parents. Parents may think their children's short-term test prep needs are met, but they feel communicative competence and other skills production are being shortchanged. Parents also feel a disconnect from what takes place in the classroom and don't understand how their students are performing.
ALO7 makes classes fun and exciting for children and teachers. The materials are presented in a meaningful way alongside activities that promote interactivity between children through competitions and games. Teachers have access to a wealth of resources to make their classes rich and memorable. Our courseware allows students to be rewarded at home for individual and team performance in class. The exercises and tasks students complete online on ALO7.com or ALO7 apps are marked automatically and the data is shared with teachers and parents, providing a clear picture of each learner's progression through the content. Teachers also can use Ai Xiao Tong (AXT) to record pictures and audio files, write learning goals, and create class and individual feedback for the parents.
ALO7 grew out of Saybot Information Technology, Ltd., founded in Boston in 2004 by the digital pioneer, Prof. Nicholas Negroponte, the inventor of e-mail, Prof. Leonard Kleinrock, and several venture capital companies.
ALO7 is the largest digital ELT (English Language Teaching) product and solutions provider in China with more than 10M registered users and more than 2,000 training school partners. We are revolutionizing the way English is learned and taught throughout China, from how schools are managed to how schools and homes are connected in the mobile Internet age.
ALO7 currently supplies digital ELL and ELT materials to many well-known educational chains. Some of ALO7’s customers are New Oriental, Only Education, Best-Study Education, Bond Education and Daqiao Education.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: Room501，No.2 BoyunRoad，Pudong New Area博云路2号浦软大厦三楼东区