School: Fettes College Guangzhou
Location: Fettes College Guangzhou, Phoenix City, Zengcheng District, Guangzhou.
Department: Primary School
Reports to: Head of Department
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
Key Job Specifications:
• Salary (ex. benefits) – 20,000-30,000RMB/month (pre-tax). Competitive salary commensurate with experience and overall qualifications
• Working Hours – 40 hours/week (Monday-Friday)
• Teaching Hours – No less than 15 hours’ lessons/week
• Grades/Curriculum – Grades 1-5 / Primary Years Programme (IB-PYP)
• Accommodation – Provide furnished apartment or 1,000-1,500RMB/month housing allowance (pre-tax)
• Meal Allowance – 600RMB/month (pre-tax)
• First arrival/one time– Up to 15,000 (pre-tax)
Moving allowance/one-time– Mover from overseas: up to 16,000
Move from other cities in Greater China cities: up to 6,400
• Visa – Work Permit, Residence Permit and medical check-up fees assistance and reimbursement
• Insurance – Health and accident insurance
• Paid Leave – National holidays/Winter holidays/Summer holidays
• Sick Leave – 5 days paid sick leave per semester (10 days total)
• Additional Bonuses – Tuition discounts, Chinese classes, Christmas holidays
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Passionate about working with children and an ability to engage them in the process of learning
• Ability to listen to others (children, parents and colleagues) always showing respect for their ideas
• An understanding and excitement about working with people from all around the world
• Patience and flexibility in the work place, always showing willing to try new things
• Ability to proactively solve issues that arise
• Ability to communicate effectively and positively with everyone in the school community
• A degree and recognised teaching qualification, postgraduate Diploma/Higher degree in education is preferred
• Evidence of relevant continual professional development
• A minimum of 2 years classroom experience
• Willingness to develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of the PYP and CNC
• An ability to promote each pupil’s learning through constant formative assessment within the classroom
• Effective use of ICT in all aspects of learning and teaching
• Understanding and commitment to safeguarding children
• Involvement in co-curricular programmes
• Experience of working in an international school is preferred
• Experience of teaching through Inquiry, and having a good understanding of what this means/looks like in the classroom is preferred
• All teachers are subject to the conditions of employment set out in their employment contract. This details the professional and particular duties required of teachers, together with benefits provided by the College.
The duties of a Primary School Teacher at Fettes College Guangzhou are as follows:
• Ensure that safeguarding, health and safety, and all other College policies are known, understood and embedded into practice;
• To be responsible for planning and facilitating creative and engaging learning with Primary School pupils, in a highly inclusive environment;
• To be able to use formative assessment to inform planning and deliver a personalised curriculum for each child;
• To develop a nurturing and safe environment in which children thrive in their learning;
• To develop co-teaching relationships with CNC Subject Teachers and Specialist Teachers, developing a keen understanding of child development and language acquisition;
• To develop an environment of inquiry, where students’ questions are valued and lead their learning journey;
• To develop excellent relationships with parents and the wider community, through regular and effective communication;
• To have and develop further a range of techniques to cater for English Language Learners;
• To challenge each pupil to be the best they can be, supporting them to reach their full potential;
• To be committed to the ongoing development of a holistic, child-centred curriculum, drawing on best practice from around the world;
• Have a keen focus the approaches to learning taken by pupils, creating an engaging learning environment where they can learn independently, challenge their own thinking, think creatively and solve problems;
• Ensure that the learning environment is a place of full inclusivity, differentiating learning to support individual needs;
• Create and maintain Individual Learning Plans for pupils, showing a clear understanding of children’s progress in learning, and demonstrating a proactive way of supporting them where barriers are found;
• Effectively support each pupil’s personal, social and emotional development
• Participate fully in the life of the school, including any co-curricular activities;
• Engage in positive behaviour management to ensure a caring and respectful environment.
• Engage in effective self- review of professional practice, within teams and with the support of the Primary School Leadership Team
• Show an awareness of current pedagogy and curriculum development in internationally education;
• Always aim to push the professional limits and to try something new;
• Show accountability by setting professional learning targets according to the developmental needs of the school and College.
About Fettes College Guangzhou: Fettes College Guangzhou (FCG) is the first overseas campus of Fettes College. The new school will be very closely linked to Fettes College and will share its ethos and vision: to provide the highest quality of holistic, broad based education that will stretch and challenge its pupils and equip them with the qualifications, skills and personal qualities that will allow them to flourish and succeed in their lives beyond school.
FCG is being designed and built as a joint venture and with a shared vision between Fettes College and Bright Scholar, the largest operator of K-12 schools in China. Bright Scholar, a listed company on the New York Stock Exchange, is fast acquiring international recognition together with an enviable reputation as a provider of high quality education.
FCG is located on a spacious and superbly equipped campus in Zengcheng, bordered by forest and hills and only within an hour's drive of the centre of Guangzhou and Baiyun International Airport. The campus has been created with imaginative flair by international architects Broadway Malyan. Their modern interpretation of the strengths, features and characteristics of the Edinburgh campus will allow the delivery of all the distinctive qualities of an authentic Fettes education in Guangdong.
About Bright Scholar Education Group: Bright Scholar Education Group is a NYSE-listed (ticker: BEDU) education group based out of Foshan, China. Bright Scholar operates in 10 Chinese provinces and the 2 municipalities of Beijing and Shanghai and covers a diverse portfolio of business areas including K-12 international and bilingual education, training education and education technology. Currently, Bright Scholar employs over 6,000 domestic and international staff and caters to more than 51,000 students. Bright Scholar international schools offer numerous international curricula including IB (PYP, MYP and DP), Cambridge IGCSE and A-levels, AP Program, and IFY programmes.
Terms of Employment:
To be offered employment, candidates must commit to 24 months of excellent service to our students.
Compensation and benefit package to be established by school representative in accordance with local Chinese law and school policy.